cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa shows several devices as disconnected

SOLVED

Alexa shows several devices as disconnected

Alexa shows several devices as disconnected and they are clearly connected and working in both Iris and the Alexa app.  I reported this to Alexa support and they do not seem too interested in fixing the issue.  The response was that it was working and clearly online so ignore it.  It is just disconcerting to see devices offline.  I have tried the following withoutt success.

1. Forgeting the device in the Alexa app and searching for devices.  It always finds it but continues to show it offline.

2. Un-pairing the devices and the proceedure above after re-pairing.

Nothing seems to clear up this issue.  Some of the devices that exhibit this behaviour include a V1 smartplug, a Kwikset 916 deadbolt, a Philips Hue bulb.  I have other identical devices that are fine.  Any ideas?  

5 REPLIES
Advanced Member

Re: Alexa shows several devices as disconnected

Hmmm... I know it's not much help, but I'm not seeing this on iOS.

The issue is actually with the Alexa web browser app.

Advanced Member

It must be an isolated issue because I'm not seeing it in any of the browsers I'm using (Safari & Chrome).

Highlighted
Advanced Member

I don't use the Alexa web interface very often, but I just checked and none of my devices show as disconnected.  I only have a few Iris devices but they are all connected and working as they should. 

Well what ever the problem was, it has cleared up now.  I had put in a ticket with Amazon, maybe they fixed it or maybe the Iris platform update that we got today fixed it.