Your Cart

Product Name Quantity Price
Total $0.00
*All your items will be added to your cart on Lowes.com
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Echo only turns On lights, Off does not work for any...

Highlighted
Tinkerer

Amazon Echo only turns On lights, Off does not work for any...

Echo only turns On lights, Off does not work for any

9 REPLIES

Re: Amazon Echo only turns On lights, Off does not work for any...

Same problem. Alexa command can turn on iris smart plug, but not off. Says there are more than one device with name. App turns on and off no problem. Have rebooted hub, no change in behavior.

Same problem. I can dim and brighten also but not turn off.
Tinkerer

I have tried GE on/off switches, GE dimmer switches, GE fan switches, Iris Smart Plug 2nd Gen, and none of them will turn off.  

Everything seems to work with my Wink hub, so possibly something with yesterdays update?

Update:  Gen 1 Smart Plugs apparently work the opposite.  Alexa will turn them off, but not on

Frequent Contributor

this seems to be a new problem...Everything was working great but has went to **edited**... since the last update.

Community Manager

Thank you to everyone who has brought this to our attention. Our team is currently investigating this issue to learn more.

To help us look into this further, would all users who commented on this thread be able to private message us the email associated with your Iris account, hub ID, which device Alexa will not turn off, and the time of day you noticed this occuring? This will help us to identify what is impacting this current issue.

Thanks,

The Iris Team

Tinkerer

All good! Working again, thanks

I have the same issue. It started yesterday about 9:00pm EST. Then  echo only  could turned the ligths off. Now this morning,  it will only turn the lights on!

Tinkerer

Just tried again and everything seems to be working on my work system.  Tried a GE dimmer switch, GE light switch, Gen 1 smart plug and Gen 2 smart plug and all worked as they are supposed to.

Thank you for the quick fix!

Tinkerer

There was a firmware update that was pushed out earlier today that resolved this issue.