cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Echo only turns On lights, Off does not work for any...

SOLVED
Rookie

Re: Amazon Echo only turns On lights, Off does not work for any...

I just installed a few new GE Smart switches and most of them won't turn off either via Echo or the Iris app.  The smart switches I'd had previously installed still work fine and one of the new ones works, but most do not.

Any help?

Rookie

I just installed a few new GE Smart switches and most of...

I just installed a few new GE Smart switches and most of them won't turn off either via Echo or the Iris app.  The smart switches I'd had previously installed still work fine and one of the new ones works, but most do not.

Any help?

Highlighted
Advanced Member

Re: I just installed a few new GE Smart switches and most of...

@Bryanmc wrote:

Any help?

So they all paired okay?  If so then you could try a HUB reset.  Or power cycling the individual switches.  Some have a way to cycle them at the switch by pulling out a small tab.  If they don't then you would need to cycle power at the breaker box.  If those things don't work then remove and re-pair.  Use the Z-wave exclude, if they are Z-wave, to make sure they get removed and then re-pair them.  

I have also heard people have issues if the switches are in metal boxes??