cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App & Website continuously "loading."

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

App & Website continuously "loading."

Over probalby the last month or so, I have had constant issues of the Iris website portal just constantly "loading."  I've left it for over 15 minutes and it still does not load my home page, or devices intermittently.  At the SAME time that the web portal won't load, I also can't get logged into the app.  It'll sit on the Iris splash screen for several minutes, then eventually go to the login screen of the app which coincidentally never saves my login information.   If I force close out of the app and try reloading several times, it will eventually load.   Even when it does load, about half the time the tiles in the app are empty and say that my inventory is empty although I have 30+ items paired to my hub.   This has only been an issue beginning in 2018 that I can remember.   During this time though, I can still control devices through Alexa, which is really a godsend considering I can't otherwise control my system with either my PC or Android phone.   I am seeing the same results whether at home on my home network, or at work on the corp network and on work computer.   So it is not the end device, it's something with the platform...    It started at the same time that the fingerprint login came to fruition.   Even when the app IS working, I get logged off within a couple minutes and have to verify my finger print again.  It's extremely frustrating to have to constantly login!!  My Hub last was rebooted earlier this week, so it's not just a case of a simple reboot.  I'm  hoping that others are having this issue too, and it's not just me, because it's really frustrating. 

10 REPLIES 10
Frequent Contributor

Re: App & Website continuously "loading."

Irisappissue.png

Frequent Contributor

This is the App when it's working normally.  Finally after several hours of trying to sign in.

irisappnormal.png

Advanced Member

Try deleteing the app and then re-install it.

Advanced Member

@Vettester wrote:

Try deleteing the app and then re-install it.

I had this happen as well and removing and re-installing the app got it working for me.

Frequent Contributor

I will give that a try.  Thanks for the suggestion! 

Frequent Contributor

Same thing.   Reinstalled the app and it takes me probably 5+ tries of loading the app to finally be able to get in and see my inventory/control anything.   This is really irritating because it's taking me 5+ minutes anytime I want to do something simple.   It just constantly asks for my fingerprint, and then will just have the Iris splash screen, eventually timing out to the login window.   My success rate of actually being able to launch the app and USE it, is probably at 10% or less over the last month.  I am on Android 8.1.0 on my Google Pixel.  

Advanced Member

Assuming your Android device is a phone does it load any faster if you turn the wifi off on your phone?  If it does you more than likely don't have a very good connection to your wifi router.

Frequent Contributor

I see the same results whether I am on home Wifi, my car's Wifi, or work Wifi.  Same also if I am on 4G will good  signal strength and speed tests over 30mbps over the air.    

I do have to say though, that over the last 24 hours the responsiveness seems to have dramatically improved suddenly for both the App on my phone, and the Iris web portal.   Not sure why that is, but I hope that trend continues... 

Frequent Contributor

Back to the same behavior today.   I can't login with the app or through the web portal.  Both just continually load without ever loading my actual devices.