cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reset my password without it updating on all the devices connected to the app

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Cannot reset my password without it updating on all the devices connected to the app

Hi,   I just kicked out my BF of 6 years for cheating on multiple women in several states.   He is angry, and I fear him coming back. Well, being an original customer before Lowes had the ability to add on people, we just DL the app on his phone and dads when we moved him in and logged in with my credentials.  I have changed my password but he has tried to mess with me in the past, by turning off my heat, flickering the lights, and unlocking/locking the doors so the dogs bark.  I will not go through this again.   Even if I change the password, his devices AUTOMATICALLY update without him knowing, and he STILL HAS CONTROL of my home.  How can a security loophole like this exist?  Today I am told to just uninstall  and deactivate my account and the app and start over.   NO.  If I do that, I take it all and throw it in the garbage.   I own like 50 devices, 3 garage door openers 4 schalge door locks, 3 thermostats, water sensors, outlets, switches, etc. Deactivating my account and resetting it is NOT THE ANSWER.  We did this by accident once.   I requires removing each device from the app, resetting it, and you have to look up all the procedures because they are all different...  then pair ir again, and set up the features.  The app should not be device specific as the Lowes tech keeps saying.  If I log out and change my password, my ex should have to have the proper credentials in order to log back in.  I need help with this.  There has to be a way to log out everyone attached to my account to be logged out.  As an original Iris customer when we tried to log in family it was not working.   Iris staff told me to just use the account log in for the family and we did.  Now, that I have kicked my BF out, and I have no way to protect myself unless I deactivate my account.   That is INSANE.  There has to be a way to do this, the head tech advised there is no way, just deactivate my account and start over.   Smiley Sad  This is a major security loophole and can put others at risk.  Lowes Iris does nto seem to care.  What the **edited** is the point of of resetting the password when it allows everyone currently with my log in access to get in without having the credentials?  It automatically updates them all without the operator knowing.  That is BS

2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Cannot reset my password without it updating on all the devices connected to the app

Hi,

This sounds like a horrible situation and hopefully we can help. I'll ask our support to get in touch with you to followup, I think we can come up with a solution that doesn't involve the work of completely recreating an account. If you don't mind, can you DM me your hub ID or account email?

Thanks!

-Mike

Frequent Contributor

Re: Cannot reset my password without it updating on all the devices connected to the app

I sent you the DM earlier today.   I look forward to hearing from you or them.  WHen I called the other day, they were adamant, there was NOTHING they could do.