cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely unreadable setup screens

Tinkerer

Completely unreadable setup screens

When creating your setup for the first time, it's really important to be able to read the screen. I found the setup process abysmally difficult because I literally couldn't read the screen. See the picture below, and tell me what any of that says...

It would appear that you're taking the image of the house and blurring it for the background. If you're going to do this, you must sample the screen for brightness of the colors, and change the font color to be in contrast. At the very least warn the customer that the background image should be bright.

I understand the goal of personalization but I think you should avoid this during setup when the person is unfamiliar and can't easy change the background back. High contrast, easy to read text is crucial during this phase.

Screenshot_2017-07-16-12-52-27.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Completely unreadable setup screens

Hello,

I apologize for any inconvenience while attempting to set up the system from your mobile application.  At this time there is no way to adjust the font color of the mobile application it is defaulted to a certain contrast, when there is a custom image selected, versus the default provided, that can cause contrast issues.  

This is something we are aware of and working on.  However at this time if you have contrast issues on the screen the best option is to use a different immage, you can change your image easily from the mobile app from the main screen and pressing the gear icon on the bottom right.  You can change the image as much as you like so if you try this once and you do not like how the font corrects itself you are able to change it again.

You also have the option of controlling your devices and rules from home.irisbylowes.com.

Sincerely

IRIS By Lowe's Support

855-469-4747

Tinkerer

Re: Completely unreadable setup screens

That's the problem: during setup you can't easily change the photo.

After setup if I select a photo and it doesn't work out, I can revert. But during the single flow setup, you need to avoid this one way or the other. The simplest fix is to leave the photo background for after setup is complete.

Finally, I still have no idea what that page said and would appreciate being told what I might have missed.