cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First alert smoke and co2 voice alert

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

First alert smoke and co2 voice alert

After some research on the first alert site for this model I can’t see anywhere where it says voice alert capable. But yet in the specs on Iris it says it is. So which is it and if it is capable then how does it work?? And how does the voice system work??
6 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: First alert smoke and co2 voice alert

Yes, this seems to indicate at the very least they sound when the alarm is triggered?  I have not heard mine sound yet when testing. Capture.PNG

Tinkerer

@oblvnwtnjhn wrote:

Yes, this seems to indicate at the very least they sound when the alarm is triggered?  I have not heard mine sound yet when testing. Capture.PNG

How are you testing?  Pressing the test button is not a proper test.  I use an actual smoke detector tester spray to test.  It will sound the siren every time, assuming the alarm is working properly.

Frequent Contributor

All of my notifications are and have been turned on. But actually had an event that the smoke alarm went off due to smoke in the house. Don’t think I could get more of an accurate test than that. Only the smoke alarm made any sounds. Not the keypad or the hub. Hopefully can get this solved. But there wasn’t any type of voice notification like the specs say it is capable of.
Frequent Contributor

Along with the smoke event in my home the central monitoring station never called either. I pay for pro monitoring so I should have received a call from them.
Tinkerer

Hmmm, I received a call before I could finish entering the PIN to turn off the alarm (Wife burnt something on the indoor grill).  My siren also went off.   Come to think of it, I returned my dual smoke/co2 alarm because that one didn't work.  I think their was a problem with the communication with the ZWave network even after I rebuilt it.  So I went with the smoke detector without the co2, since I really don't need it as my home doesn't have gas at all.

Frequent Contributor

I have not tested mine yet. I was more interested in the fact it appears you can also sound off the First Alert devices when the Iris alarm is triggered.