cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance update screws up my cameras and push notifications

Rookie

Maintenance update screws up my cameras and push notifications

Every time Lowes preforms maintenance on their side of things, my system goes crazy. Last time (in June). when I was 463 miles away from home, my cameras and push notifications quit.  Now 7/20, it happened again. It’s a long story but I am really tired of having my system go down when Iris preforms maintenance. If my house gets robbed, who do I complain to, Lowes Corp? Or should I just “wait 2-3 days for it to straighten itself out “ as Rayshawn, my support tech told me today?

We are starting to look at other systems. Does anyone happen to know of another system that is RELIABLE ?

3 REPLIES 3
Tinkerer

Re: Maintenance update screws up my cameras and push notifications

Perhaps other systems are more reliable, but I can say that my prvious two systems both had problems. 

The first was a local company where I was gettinbg alarm calls at 3 am every morning for a while.  It took that company time but the end result was a testing procedure that had gone bad where they put in my number for the test instead of the test number.  Needless to say I moved on after othyer issues popped up.

The second company was Simplisafe, version 1.  Version one was not secure through white hat hackers hacking them and informing SS that they had issues.  Instead of correctin the problem and offering free or discounted version 2, SS instead offered nothing forcing customers to either buy their new system or look elsewhere.

I'm certain that their are horror stories with other companies as well, even some of the latest competitors, but I can't personally varify them.  Think about it.  If Russia and other rogue nations can hack into many US interest, how safe is any system.  Ten years ago when I worked in Cyber Security, I could literally see thousands of attempts to break into our data systems, about half from Russia locations and the other half mostly from China locations.  Often those attempts were made to look like they were coming from a location but many "hops" earlier, the source actually was some place else.  Simple Tracert commands will tell you that.

Tinkerer

My cameras are stuck on 5 (fps). I have tried to change it back to 30 (fps) on the app and the desktop site but it goes right back to 5 (fps). Frustrating. 

Advanced Member

I'm not a fan of the 720P video quality from the Iris cameras so I'm not recommending these, but I haven't seen any issues as a result of the latest updates.  Android and iOS push notifications are still working and I am able to change the resolution on all of my cameras.

15FPS.PNG    30FPS.PNG