cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification glitch

Notification glitch

Everytime I make a change to my rules or profile I get a notification on my phone that my garage door is closed.

I snapped a screenshot but this page will not let me post it

2 REPLIES 2
Tinkerer

Re: Notification glitch

In general, notifications are hit or miss. It has worked at most 6 days straight for me, but never that long ever again. Tech support did a communications test and said my hub was sending out signals but my devices were not sending them back, causing my notifications to be inconsistent and causing a perfectly working contact sensor to drop offline that I could never get back online. They sent me two smart plugs and they said that should solve communications issue (offline sensor and notifications) since the system works as a mesh network. Well, it’s been 2 1/2 days since I received them and so far so good. Sensor is online and every notification is working (I still get notification that my Schlage lock is jammed but 30 min to a couple of hours later it would correct itself and say door is no longer jammed and is locked). So...we will see how long everything lasts. Hopefully, it’s done. I’m sick of something not working every few days..
Frequent Contributor

Re: Notification glitch

I just posted in another thread, but I have alot of notifications at 4 different locations and they have worked for at least 1 to 2 years with no problem.........THEN about 3 days ago, maybe 4/7/18 they are not coming at any of the 4 locations so I really doubt it has to do with needed a better mesh etc.   I have the setting in the app section of our iphones to "show previews" as "always" so I don't think that is the problem.   2 family members also have iris with only a few notifications and they also said they know they were missing some by comparing the "history" with the notifications they should have received.