cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participating Alarm Devices Not Displaying All Devices/Keypads Disconnecting

Rookie

Participating Alarm Devices Not Displaying All Devices/Keypads Disconnecting

Hoping someone is able to help me out with a few problems.  I've been looking around here and various other sites and have not been able to find a similar situation.  I'll start with the background story up to this; It's been a stressful several months.

Since about August my system has been a total mess.  It would occasionally turn the hub off on its own which was a problem while I was traveling, it would report the deadbolt is jammed when in fact it is not (new issue after a firmware updated a year or so ago) but perhaps the most annoying constant disconnect were with my keypads.  Just last week, while I was still trying to sort this all out, my V2 hub completely died; it wouldn't boot up at all.

With all of the frustration, I decided I would give Iris one more shot before looking at other systems.  I thought maybe the issues were due to the hub.  I went to Lowe's and bought a version 3 system, hoping many glitches would be fixed.  Despite having to factory reset everything, pairing wasn't a total nightmare.  Some, of course, less of a headache than others.  24 hours later, they keypads were having the same issues.  Both are near range extenders and numerous z-wave zigbee devices so I don't understand what the issue is.  If I place them in the same room as the hub there is no problem.

The other issue with this change is that 2 of my four cameras will not show up as security devices, yet the system recognizes them as such; It just wont let me set on/partial which is an issue since I have an active cat.  I've tried resetting these 2 cameras numerous times with no luck.  When I arm the system, the cameras are active and trigger alarms but as I said, they don't show up under the participating/non-participating devices.  Additionally, I have 2 Nyce tilt sensors on my garage doors that will not show up in the participating/non-participating and are defaulting to non-participating which defeats the purpose.  

Has anyone else experienced the issues above at all?  Any suggestions of how to resolve them?  I'm at my wits end trying to trouble solve these...

Thanks!

2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Participating Alarm Devices Not Displaying All Devices/Keypads Disconnecting

Hi,

Have you contacted Support for assiatance? From reading your description the Nyce tilt sensors not showing up may be a side effect of having local alarming enabled. Support can turn this off as a troubleshooting step and help with the cameras as well.

-Mike

Rookie

Re: Participating Alarm Devices Not Displaying All Devices/Keypads Disconnecting

Mike,

I have not, that was going to be my next step/last resort.  I wanted to make sure I had every device I previously had connected to my old hub connected to this hub before calling to make sure additional devices don't have the same issue or interfere.  I'll have to try and give them a call this evening if it is that simple of a fix.

Thanks!