cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push Notifications Still Not Working Consistently

Advanced Member

Re: Push Notifications Still Not Working Consistently

My system works because when I have a problem, I figure out what the issue is and I fix it instead of jumping on a forum and complaining.  Since you weren't asking for help I'll let you figure this out for yourself, but I will tell you this is not an Iris issue.

Push.png

Frequent Contributor

As a consumer with the amount of issues I been having while spending too much time on the phone with tech support (almost once a week sometimes twice ), I learned to troubleshoot the system exactly how they want. I talked to them so much that it’s a broken record of how they want me to troubleshoot that I can tell them what they will tell me before they say it. I Went through all the steps. If you have a more advance way to solve issues other than what tech support has suggested, then how friendly is this system for non-technical savvy person that wants limited issues and wants plug and play. It doesn’t surprise me because it took Gililons portal to give me some sort of comfort with the system and it was made by someone else then Iris. If I were to have my elders get this system using the “care” system in mind and notifications don’t work then yeah, I’m going to complain and will tell them not to RELY on this system. I have done all the troubleshooting necessary and suggested and nothing has changed in the last two weeks with my setup . Oh wait, wasn’t there an update to fix bugs?! Really?! I’m just putting two and two together with what has changed over the last two weeks. But, let me guess it’s not an Iris issue with all these Updates that claim to fix “bug issues”.
Rookie

ZONE 23, I have been having the same problem for about 1 month and it is driving me crazy.   Like Vettester, I try to do everything possible, including calling support, who in this case have not been of any help.

I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM FOR ME !...................BUT by solving the problem I have to give up features on my iphone X until I figure out why..........

I even went as far as removing the Lowes app from my phone (which I hate to do, since I have 5 locations on it and about 250+ devices and had to take new photos of everything since they are not saved.  That did not work.

I THINK the problem has something to do with once the IPHONE locks.   EVEN THOUGH all my settings show that notifications should appear ALL THE TIME, on locked and unlocked screens, ONLY a few of them were appearing when my iphone was locked.  I had checked the "always" settings on both the Lowes app and the iphone notifications etc..........

ONCE I changed the Iphone to NEVER LOCK, which means I can't use face recognition cause it never locks etc......and I can't use the Apple Wallet etc since they require that the phone "lock" etc.............I AM GETTING ALL THE NOTIFICATIONS!...............

.........INCIDENTLY, during all this time, I have an Apple IPAD which has been working perfectly and has always been getting the notifications..............

SO NOW, my I have to find out "Why do I not get all notifications when my Iphone is locked".........on Google etc.........I have already made sure all the settings are correct so somewhere out there it must be a glitch and someone must know how to fix it!

Highlighted
Advanced Member

@ignatius wrote:

I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM FOR ME !...................BUT by solving the problem I have to give up features on my iphone X until I figure out why..........

You don't need to give up any features on your iPhone.  If you go into your iPhone's Settings | General | Reset and use the "Reset All Settings" this will resolve your issue with notifications.  Using this option keeps your apps and data, but resets personal preferences and network settings so you will have to re-enter all of your saved passwords.

Frequent Contributor

I did the “reset all settings” twice a month ago and again last week. I still am having notifications issues. I just learned to accept this and to not spend another dime on an Iris product moving forward. At least I got two free smart plugs out of this mess.