cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push Notifications Still Not Working Consistently

Tinkerer

Push Notifications Still Not Working Consistently

5 1/2 weeks and my push notifications have not been working consistently (those that have followed my posts and have tried to help me out knows what I’m talking about). So I been out of town since last Thursday, and on Friday & Saturday some of my notifications stopped working (again!). For 6 straight days (before this I was on phone with tech support about another issue) notifications worked. But last Monday tech support looked at my profile as it had 5 weeks ago and on numerous times after that and they told me my rules and scenes were STILL set up correctly and there shouldn’t be any issues. They ran a communications test then notified me my hub is sending out a signal but that all my devices are not sending the signal back to the hub. They said that this may be my issue why push notifications is not consistently working and why my garage contact sensor had suddenly dropped as it worked perfectly for 4 1/2 weeks. So tech support said they will send me two smart plugs to act as repeaters to help solve the many issues I have had since I owned the system (5 1/2 weeks). Let’s see if this works and/if they send out those two smart plugs. This is the last ditch effort.
15 REPLIES
Support Staff

Re: Push Notifications Still Not Working Consistently

Sorry to hear you have been going through so much. Iris has been looking into this issue. Please check back for further updates. 

Tinkerer

Thanks. The most consecutive days it worked was 6 straight days.
Frequent Contributor

I just posted in another thread, but I have alot of notifications at 4 different locations and they have worked for at least 1 to 2 years with no problem.........THEN about 3 days ago, maybe 4/7/18 they are not coming at any of the 4 locations so I really doubt it has to do with needed a better mesh etc.   I have the setting in the app section of our iphones to "show previews" as "always" so I don't think that is the problem.   2 family members also have iris with only a few notifications and they also said they know they were missing some by comparing the "history" with the notifications they should have received.

Tinkerer

Iganatius,

I have had the system for 6 weeks. The most consecutive days notifications worked for me was 6 days and your issues fall right in line with mine. BUT....tech support did a communications check on my hub and they said my hub was sending out signals but my devices were not sending them back. Since I was having so many issues they recommended to get two smart plugs to make a stronger mesh network which would hopefully solve the notifications and offline issues (which were working perfectly beforehand for 4 weeks). So far all my issues, including my notifications have been working for 6 straight days. I’m holding my breath right now to see if this keeps up.
Tinkerer

It’s been two weeks straight and everything have been working perfect until the last 3 days with push notifications. I am not getting the push notifications anymore for when my alarm is armed and disarmed. I have to go into app history to look at it. Is it because of the latest update? I only know someone has come to my house and unarmed it when my Ring Pro motion detector detects the motion and then looking into my history on the Iris App to see who is home and disarmed house. The notification just stopped working 3 days ago.
Tinkerer

Ok...now none of my notifications are working? What is going on? Just when I thought everything was smoothed out. I should have known better. It’s Iris.
Advanced Member

Hmmm... all of mine are working consistantly.

IMG_2201.png

Tinkerer

Hmmmm....arm/disarm notifications not working. How do I post pics that are not there. Want my history of my app and push notifications? Bottom line...it’s not working anymore. Hmmm...everything seems to always work PERFECTLY for you.
Tinkerer

IMG_3614.PNGPush NotificationsInkedIMG_3615_LI.jpgHistory on Iris App

Worked perfectly for 2 weeks. Disarm does not get push notifications anymore. 3 days ago it stopped working. Maybe I'm the only one whos notification is not working. Oh, and my Schlage is not jammed, although it claims. Its clean and flushed with no interference. Also, “Jam Cleared” at 7:32 did not make it to push notification either.