cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent change in behavior since white house alert

Frequent Contributor

Recent change in behavior since white house alert

Since July 22, my Iris began to contact ntp.org timeservers in excess of 200+ times a day. My question, thus, is did you alter the program to have the Iris hub synchronize it's clock this way?

I have been experiencing many of the same misbehaviors that others are complaining about here, such as keypad batteries draining so quickly you are forced into a set of rechargeables, and one of my door hinge sensors opening and closing faster than humanly possible (but only when I'm away and the system is armed)..

Now that I have invested much time and money in this system, and after all this, I'm wondering - and I should have thought to ask this first - How much time did Iris spend making sure the security system securing my home, is secure in itself from those trespassing on my property without a physical presence? When the Iris contacts irisbylowes.com, is all traffic encrypted? What other measures are in place securing my system from online invaders?

For those still reading and haven't heard or are wondering what this has to do with the white house, please see the link below.

https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA18-145A
2 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Recent change in behavior since white house alert

Screenshot_20180802-113210.png

Screenshot_20180802-113231.png

Screenshot_20180802-113249.png

Screenshot_20180802-113309.png

Screenshot_20180802-113326.png

Frequent Contributor

Re: Recent change in behavior since white house alert

My hub only connected to irisbylowes.com. Then I noticed these attempts at contacting time servers. I just want to know is this behavior due to an update?

And also, are these appliances secure from outside (online) intruders?