cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorded video can only be played if downloaded.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Advanced Member

Recorded video can only be played if downloaded.

This is very intermittent but I know others have mentioned this on the other forum.  I have a video on my phone right now that will not play if I try to watch it through the Iris app, but if I download to my phone it plays fine.

I have a V1 indoor camera.

2 REPLIES 2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Recorded video can only be played if downloaded.

I have the same issue in about 1 in 20 videos.

Related, but more of a feature request: It would be very helpful to download videos as a group rather than one at a time. We have a Delete All button; a Download All button would be a great addition.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Recorded video can only be played if downloaded.

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  We have noticed iPhone devices having issues with recording that when they do not obtain all the frames from the recording.  An example is if I have a 15 FPS recording and only 14 frames show up the iOS device doesn't know what to do with that one second and this causes the screen with the play button with line through it to appear versus the recording.

Those clips will need to be downloaded to the phone to play, once they are downloaded the frames are claned up and stream much more easily on the device.

I am sorry to say this is more of a function of the IOS device and not our operating platform so that is the only work around at this time.  If you have any questions you are welcome to reach out to our support team for assistance.