cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Motion Sensor Count for Alarm Again

Frequent Contributor

Wrong Motion Sensor Count for Alarm Again

I have the number of motion sensors to trigger an alarm set to 2.  This morning we were awoken by the security alarm.  The history shows the only thing triggered was a camera in my shop.  There are 2 cameras and 2 motion sensors in the shop.  Do cameras no longer count as motion sensors as far as the number of motion sensors to trigger an alarm is concerned?  Shouldn't there have been 1 camera and 1 motion sensor, or any combination of them to trigger the alarm? 

This is twice in a couple of weeks that Iris has not done what has been expected and woken up family members.  

2 REPLIES 2
Advanced Member

Re: Wrong Motion Sensor Count for Alarm Again

Could it have been 2 triggers from the same sensor?  I think there is an interval for motion sensing, something like more than 1 minute, but less than 5 minutes.  Essentially, the first trigger happening, then motion again after 1 minute, but less than 5 minutes.  Maybe someone from Iris can confirm/deny that?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Wrong Motion Sensor Count for Alarm Again

Hi there,

We’re sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing difficulties with your camera triggering alarms. This doesn’t sound right to us. Since you set your number of alarm-triggering devices to 2, your camera should not be able to trigger this alarm on its own. Have you tried contacting our support team at 1-855-469-4747? They will be glad to help you troubleshoot your devices and answer any questions you may have regarding your alarm set up.