cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

key fob ..bad design

key fob ..bad design

This is now my second key fob.  With the unit face down and key connect LOOP  at "noon position"....take a look at the way the battery contact is secured to the unit body board. (this would now be at 11:00.)  This contact needs to be "spring enabled" as it moves when battery is inserted. The contact is not soldered well and comes loose.  This unit is not cheap...but cheaply made.  

13 REPLIES 13
Tinkerer

Re: key fob ..bad design

Mine only lasted 1 day Smiley Sad I had to return it. It would not reset.
Advanced Member

I tried one and I could not get it to pair on my first try and I found, like you, that the battery was not making contact.  The tab, of coarse fell out when I tried to fix it.  I was able to get it to work and it lasted about 1 month.  One day when I wasn't home it quit working and my wife opened it up and put a new battery in it and when I got home she told me replacing the battery did not help, it still would not work.  Sure enough when I opened it up the tab had fallen out, she was not aware of the problem.  We found the tab on the floor and I was able to get it working again, but decided for something that cost that much I should expect better quality.  So I took it back and got another.  It had the exact same problem.  So I took it back and got my money back.

The first one I had was only used on a bedside table and it only lasted a month before the battery connection quit working, so I could imagine carrying one around in your pocket would significantly lower the amount of time before it died.

Frequent Contributor

Good morning,

I am with technical support for Iris by Lowe’s. Thank you for your feedback regarding the design of this device. Also you may post on our Feature Suggest portion of this community page for things you would like to see with Iris by Lowe’s.

Thank you,

Erica

Iris by Lowe's

Tinkerer

@erica_iris wrote:

Good morning,

I am with technical support for Iris by Lowe’s. Thank you for your feedback regarding the design of this device. Also you may post on our Feature Suggest portion of this community page for things you would like to see with Iris by Lowe’s.

Thank you,

Erica

Iris by Lowe's

How much feedback do you need to realize that your design for the keyfob is defective.  When it falls apart under light usage and battery doesn't last even a month (FYI, still have a V1 keyfob with the original battery in it working great since 2015).  

Tinkerer

You have got to be kidding me, did Iris tech support just mark "solved" multiple users complaining about a bad key fob designed. Saying you heard us, does not SOLVE the problem that we bought devices (soent money) that do not work as attended.

I have purchased at least 4 of these units and each hazs beeb returned and replaced at least 2 times, each time the battery clip has broke. I have 3 here at the house all broke and I gave up till they update the design.

Highlighted
Advanced Member

They have a new keyfob for sale which may or may not have fixed the issue I haven't gotten one yet to know for sure but hopefully it resolves this issue.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Iris-Iris-White-Key-fob/1000305365

Primary Platform: iOS phone @ latest version
Secondary Platform: Android 6.0 tablet
Tinkerer

That "new key fob" has been online for a month or so, but says unavailable.
Rookie

This item is currently out of stock.