cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional scene rules Needed

Additional scene rules Needed

You can currently run a scene on a contact opening or closing and on a push button, why not a Motion sensor or a lock, or a GDO.

Also the rule to run a scene when a door is opened or closed is not listed in the scene rules section.  The rule to run a push button scene is listed under push buttons & fobs and under scenes, it would seem the rule to run a scene on a contact sensor should be listed under both doors & locks and scenes

11 Comments

+1 on motion to trigger scenes.

Frequent Contributor

I need rules based on GDO back.

Frequent Contributor
+1 I'd love to see a delay option as well. Like if Door has been closed for 10 minutes, run scene.
Tinkerer

+1 motion to trigger scenes

WLY
Frequent Contributor

I agree it would be helpfull to run a Scene based upon the motion sensor.  The motion sensors on the cameras are hyper sensitive making them useless for my needs.  I am using motion sensor buttons to trigger camera recording events BUT I must make a rule for each camera.  Much simpler to allow the motion sensor to trigger a scene.

Advanced Member

I see we got everything but the ability to run a scene on motion.  Why not motion, or am I missing it?

Frequent Contributor

Bump

Frequent Contributor

Motion sensor scene +1.

when will this rule be implemented -- senario is 5 light bulbs on hallway as 1 scene and be triggered by motion sensor vs making individual rules per bulb.

Frequent Contributor

+1 for running a scene on motion detection