cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa Skills

Alexa Skills

Would be nice to have more skills. Such as alarm control, would need the ability to custom set the off word to prevent unauthorized turn off.

Being able to run scenes from Alexa would reallybe nice.

15 Comments
Frequent Contributor

+1 for more skills.

Rookie

I agree. I have an Ivee clock and realy miss all the features it had with Iris. That and the fact that Alexa actually understands what you ask it would really be nice to ask device status and have alarm control!

Rookie

+1 on scenes from Alexa

Tinkerer

I just don't think alarm disarming, or unlocking doors via voice is wise regardless of how it is implemented, however I am really looking forward to additional alexa functionality.

I feel fairly certian we will get scenes, but here are a few items I really hope (but doubt) we see added

1) "Alexa, ask iris what doors are open", (also windows)
2) "Alexa, ask iris if I have hot water"
3) "Alexa, ask iris to water my ______ ". (lawn/flower beds/etc)
4) "Alexa, ask iris to set my water heater to ____ degrees"
5) "Alexa, ask iris to SET my alarm" (I see no reason why we can't set an alarm)
6) "Alexa, ask iris to lock my front door". (again, unlocking could be a problem, but locking should be fine).
7) "Alexa, ask iris to turn on lamp for 1 hour".
8) "Alexa, ask iris what the temperature is".

Frequent Contributor

You can knock it out of the park with this one, IRIS! Your highest approval numbers for the whole IRIS system are for integration with Echo, with many pleading for more intelligent integration.

I would very much like to be able to trigger scenes.  I'm doing this today with a third party app, dropbox, and IFTTT but it's not 100% reliable.  The ability to SET the alarm to ON or Partial would be nice.  Also the ability to close the garage door would be great.  Many of us have bought several Echo devices in anticipation of the advanced controls.  

Frequent Contributor

+1 for more skills

setting scenes and virtual switches are a beginning 

Frequent Contributor

Bring this issue to the top again. Since IRIS apparently changed something and IRIS+ now is not working, I really miss the functionality I had with ECHO and IRIS+. 

Yeah I can no longer run scenes with echo due to Iris+ breaking.

Frequent Contributor

Here here, I miss the finctionality.  Run a scene with alexa would be good.