cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arlo Camera Integration

Arlo Camera Integration

Integrate the ARLO cameras to work just like the Iris Cameras.

10 Comments

I have several Arlo cameras! This would be a big plus!

Rookie

I'm adding Iris to my home and would love to have wireless battery operated cameras at my shed, carport and on the house but I dont have electricity there. The cost of adding electricity plus the camera cost makes Arlo look better! Would hate to have an app for my Iris system and an app to look at my cameras but may have to!

Frequent Contributor

Any updates on this matter? I plan on getting either Arlo Security Camera or Arlo Pro but I might reconsider if they don't integrate with Iris. 

Advanced Member

The don't currently integrate with Iris at all.  I still prefer the Arlo Q+ cameras even though I have to use another app to access them (which isn't a big pain since thier app is pretty nice and I can setup areas for the camera to monitor and areas to ignore), their motion sesning and recording is reliable so I don't miss no being able to trigger them based on an Iris contact sensor opening, although if Iris would connect to IFTTT then we could do that and more even without full native integration.

I would really like to see this integration happen. Have arlo cameras externally, due to electriricty issues with the Iris cameras. They are clear and reliable. Be nice to have them all in one place

Frequent Contributor

Having the ability to trigger a recording based on an event/rule would be awesome even if I still have to use the Arlo app.

Advanced Member

I agree, that would be nice.  However if they supported IFTTT that would be available as well as doing the same on a large array of other camer manufacturers, I'm not sure if they understand what IFTTT is, it seems that they believe it would be the same thing as a rule engine instead of individual rules (which they say they are working on and would be great but for a different purpose), IFTTT is primarily for cross-platform support so a supported trigger on one platform (ie: Contact Sensor on Iris) can trigger an event on another platform (ie: Start recording on an Arlo camera)

Frequent Contributor

I would also like to see Arlo cameras intergrated with Iris.

Rob
Rookie

A new Sams catalog Dec 2018 on pagge 4 has an Arlo Pro Camera + doorbell kit states that it integrates with most Home eco systems. Does anyone know wehich systems they are referring to?

Advanced Member

I can verify they intergrate with Smartthings.