cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control LEDs on outlets and switches.

Control LEDs on outlets and switches.

Most of the GE switches and outlets have LEDs that come on or go off based on the state of the device.  In V1 I believe you could reverse the state of when they came on.  I would like the ability to turn them off completely if available as well.

19 Comments
Rookie

I have model number 45637 aka ZW4001 of switch and pressing the " on button 3 times quickly followed by the off button" doesn't work with this model of switch. IRIS takes years to implement corrections but it's been my experience they won't listen to their customers. If I sound critical of Lowes by IRIS I am. I've been dealing with these issues for longer than I think I should have to deal with them.  "Putting a piece of tape over the blue light isn't a fix."

Community Manager
Status changed to: Logged

We appreciate the need for this feature and are investigating how we can implement this. Thanks for all of your feedback here.

Rookie

I recently received 3 GE Z-Wave 14291 switches which all disabled the blue LED when hitting the ON switch position 3 times very rapidly and then the OFF switch. When I say "rapidly," I mean very quickly. I would, however, prefer that the blue light would come on when switch is on for my outside lights which was supported by my older generation switch. And, for dimmer switches, it's handy to know that the lights are energized with a blue light when they are in the very dim mode. 

Frequent Contributor

Yes, this was a feature wh had in Gen 1. I would also like to see it come back.

Rookie

I've quit adding to my Iris system because of issues like this.  Version 1 worked so much better than version 2 in many ways!

Tinkerer

@smitho,

I called support tonight and asked them to swap the behavior around to blue light on when device is off, and blue light off when device is on. They were able to manually update it for me! Solved! Smiley Happy

Rookie

@smitho.

My 3 GE Z-Wave 14291 switches have the blue light on when the power is off by default. I would like to have it on when my outside lights are on. But, I'll contact the support folks again to see if they can help. They were not able to change it last year,

I have been looking at this with my web portal and I have hit or miss luck with it.

Tinkerer

Iris, please tackle this before the sale. It would be nice to change the blue led as needed.