cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEVICES THAT ACTUALLY WORK

DEVICES THAT ACTUALLY WORK

Per Eric's request:
I would like to see better quailty products an example would be the key fob and smart button) that actual work as attended and do not call apart in days or in 3 months when you have to change that battery.

Or support other manufacturers with better made products.
(erica_iris wrote:
Good morning,
I am with technical support for Iris by Lowe’s. Thank you for your feedback regarding the design of this device. Also you may post on our Feature Suggest portion of this community page for things you would like to see with Iris by Lowe’s.
Thank you,
Erica
Iris by Lowe's)
2 Comments
Tinkerer

I have read COUNTLESS reports that the iris smart button and fobs basically fall apart when you try to change the battery.
It sounds like this is a REALLY BIG problem!

Advanced Member

The V2 smart fobs have been ok for me.  I have 2 in use and they both are still in use months later.  V2 smart buttons on the other hand, I have about a 45% success rate.  

Please come up with a more reliable design for these items.  I use 7 of the buttons between 2 systems.  3 as door bells, and 4 as light switches.  I had 1 V1 button fail, sort of.  It was outside as a door bell and the rubber on the button itself finally wore out.  It was still functioning fine.