cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Update Delay

Firmware Update Delay

I would like to option to delay a firmware upgrade for a limited period of time.  I'm not asking for the ability to not update, just delay it until I can be home when it occurs.  I can appreciate a concern around code versions getting behind but this was a feature on V1 that could have been delayed indefinitely.  That concern could easily be addressed if a one time delay was allowed that was limited in duration.  For example it might be 4 weeks before I can get back to a vacation home or maybe for a business I want to delay it for 12 hrs so it doesn't happen overnight and my business is staffed.  

The main issue is when things change there's the potential for issues.  When the home or business owner is not present and these changes occur security and safety concerns become an issue with home automation.  The timing of when these changes occur is especially true when you use Iris for a vacation home or business.  Allowing a one time delay with a limited duration would address both Iris Developers' concerns and the Iris Users' needs for these use cases.