cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If Then Rules

If Then Rules

It would be nice to have IF THEN checks in the rules, example would be turn off light only if Alarm was armed.  Or to check if something was already on or off before running a scene.

9 Comments

I would love to see this in the Iris rules, and I'm not talking about IFTTT.  Robot Very Happy

Frequent Contributor

This definitely needs to happen. Just like my scheduled devices should not activate if in vacation mode based on which ones I don't want activated while in vacation mode. That's just one example. 

WLY
Frequent Contributor

2-2017 I have to agree with the If-Then capability

Community Manager
Status changed to: Logged

After reviewing this suggestion, we can agree that this would be a great addition to Iris. 

Whilst it's not currently a priority, it's something we have on our longer term roadmap and so we would appreciate some examples and use cases of how your would utilize this within your own system.

Advanced Member

I use a small space heater in my bathroom in the mornings instead of heating the whole house.  I have a contact sensor on the bathroom door that at this point it is only used to monitor the bathroom temp.  My hope was that someday I could set up a rule that would only run my climate rule to turn on the heater IF the bathroom door is closed.

I could also see some use if this were tied to Geofencing with phones.  When the wife or I leave the house in the morning I could have the away scene do different things based on weather or not it senses one or both of us.  Turn off all these devices if you sense one phone but if you sense two then only turn off these devices.

LTN
Frequent Contributor

I'd like to check if contact sensor is closed then lock tbe door.

LTN
Frequent Contributor

Also, my garage has 2 doors with Schlage locks which were set to turn lite on when unlocked and turn lite off when locked. Often times I open door 1, lite is turned on, then open door 2 to go outside. If I come back in the garage and lock door 2, lite is turned off, which is not really what I want to happened. If the feature is there, lite would stay on if if one of the locks is unlocked.

Advanced Member

To lock a door when it's Contact Sensor is closed, make a scene with your lock in it under the locked tab then use the "Run a Scene" rule under "Doors & Locks" to lock the door once it is closed. If you unlock the door , open the door, and close it before Iris notices the lock was unlocked it won't auto lock but if the lock is unlocked for a minute before the door gets closed it will usually lock fine.  Sometimes it takes longer for the lock to notify Iris than others though so I still always listen for the lock after shutting the door.

Frequent Contributor

Yes.....I agree with Terk. What is the point in locking a door, if the door is open? We need a way of determining "IF" something is on, or off, or happening, that we do (or do not) do something.