cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification for Offline Devices

Notification for Offline Devices

I would like to have the ability to receive a notification when a device goes offline. I have had devices go offline and not log in the app for a couple days to fine out a device is offline. 

7 Comments
Tinkerer

It is currently set up for notice after 24 hours  of being disconnected.  There have been many requests to change this to a user configurable amount of time, or shortening it considerably.  I havent' heard any updates for a while.

The 24 hour notice works pretty consistently for me on 2 separate systems.

GR
Rookie

earth17 wrote:

I would like to have the ability to receive a notification when a device goes offline. I have had devices go offline and not log in the app for a couple days to fine out a device is offline. 

I agree this needs to be set up for 2 minutes max before a notification is sent.  I use this system for both my regular home and vacation home.  A lot could happen in 24 hours (damage, theft, etc).  Need to be able to know and let others know if the system is down ASAP.

Frequent Contributor

A device goes offline and gets notified 24 hrs later hmm very dangerous to live for 24 hrs without protections and not even know it was offline all that time, a device goes offfline we needed to know right away to fix it and feel protected, thats the whole purpose of having a alarm system , to be safe at all time not be at a loss for between 24 hrs

Rookie

To the moderators: Has this suggestion been taken up with management?  I agree with the comments here, we need to know ASAP if a device has gone offline.  The entire system is useless during the period a perimeter sensor is offline since if someone enters through that point, the alarm will not go off!  Are there any plans to address this vulnerability?

Community Manager

Hi,

Wanted to give folks a quick update. About a month ago we adjusted the notification time to be a bit shorter, about 10 hours (exact time depends on the individual device). The goal is to provider slightly faster notification without "spamming" folks if there is a devices which frequently switches between offline and online. As always you can see at any time if a device goes offline by looking in the app or the web site. Adding a user-configurable time for offline notification is still an idea that we may consider for a future enhancement in Iris so please vote here if if you haven't already if this is a feature you would like to see in Iris.

Thanks,

-Mike

Tinkerer
Why does the History not include when a device goes offline? I have a light that goes offline and have to turn it off and back on. I would like to see the offline time and reconnect times in the history. That way if it's persistent, i can attempt a device reset. This used to be a feature that has been removed for some reason. Please bring it back. That way I can go back and see, it went offline on Monday at 2:30 am and reconnected on its own at 6:42 am; on Wednesday it disconnected at 1:30 PM and never reconnected until I turned it off and on. and so on.

@NOLA Have you tired iriswebportal.com ?