cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline processing

Offline processing

Offline processing is still missing from v1 parity and is needed since the cellular modem option isn't always feasible in some locations and didn't work when the hub was running on battery backup the last time I checked.

55 Comments
Frequent Contributor

Any New please ?.... Offline processing .. Q2 now... coming up to Q3... 

Rookie

Since we were forced off v1 onto a nonfunctioning v2 there are several people who may be starting a class action law suit for "bait and switch" or fraudulently misleading Iris customers.  Iris admins... please expedite and immediately release offline functionality before we all begin seeking to recover our financial losses to your bait and switch tactics. 

Tinkerer

You people make me laugh!  Society always looking for someone to blame.  Lawsuit! Lawsuit! Lol.  Sell your equipment and move on if you're unhappy.  

Frequent Contributor

Still no answers?

Tinkerer

DEAR IRIS ADMINISTRATORS, 

What is the new ETA for OFFLINE PROCESSING?

Tinkerer

YES ... we all would like an update on the status of "offline processing".

Frequent Contributor

Still waiting to get an update on this issue. Silence is deafening 

Tinkerer

Now in Q4 and still no update.

Community Manager

Hi,

I know it can be frustrating to wait. Offline processing is being actively worked on - we want to make sure we get it right and this involves a lot of "behind the scenes" development work and testing. In fact, many popular Iris devices already have been updated to process changes locally on the hub. But, until the entire system is "wired" together this progress won't be visible. We hope to have more news to share with everyone soon.

Frequent Contributor

I certainly hope V1 devices will work with offline processing. (Since they did with V1 hub). It is frustrating to wait, as this was something that should have been in the V2 system from the get go. Frustrating is a mild term.