cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline processing

Offline processing

Offline processing is still missing from v1 parity and is needed since the cellular modem option isn't always feasible in some locations and didn't work when the hub was running on battery backup the last time I checked.

55 Comments
Frequent Contributor

By the way, this shouldn't be classified as delivered. It stays on if on, but you can't turn it on if it' s off. And even so, it's only for the alarm and it doesn't include water sensors as far as I can tell. 

Community Manager
Hi, Water Leak Sensors are included as part of Offline Alarm Processing.  -Mike
Frequent Contributor

Will Iris shut off my Iris enabled water valve if water sensors detect water? Because if not, and I'm.not at home, what's the point.

Frequent Contributor

If my alarm is off, and internet unavailable, can I turn on my alarm before going to bed?

Community Manager
Hi, A water sensor detecting water will sounds the alarm, but if the internet is offline, it won't actuate the water valve. And, as documented, you can disarm, but not arm the security alarm when the internet is offline. If you have frequent internet outages and want to ensure that you can arms the alarm and have a water shutoff (as well as control lights, etc) you can add a cellular modem backup to your hub. -Mike