cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline processing

Offline processing

Offline processing is still missing from v1 parity and is needed since the cellular modem option isn't always feasible in some locations and didn't work when the hub was running on battery backup the last time I checked.

55 Comments
Tinkerer

Yes, and the time limit for the cellular modem is too short to rely on it as a complete backup solution.
Often, if my internet goes down, it does not come back up without user intervention. This means if I am on a week long vacation, I could potentially go 1/2 the week without any connection to iris.
This also means anyone with a vacation home has only 3 days to arrange repair if their internet connection goes down.
For these reasons, I find the cellular backup not worth the additional monthly fee or cost of the modem. The lack of offline processing means that there are just too many circumstances that could cause the iris system to be completely offline for extended periods of time. 

Frequent Contributor

this is a must and we have been told its coming for over a year now. 

Frequent Contributor

Agreed

Frequent Contributor

This is without a doubt a critical flaw in the Iris system. I've walked into my house twice now to a malfunctioning system, not been able to disarm it and the quickest way to stop / prevent  the sirens / alarm, is just pull the plug on the internet / system.  Not real reassuring. At least if I'm not going to get notified by alerts, the neighbors should by the noise? Cell backup is not the solution.

This is a critical function the hub specs say it supports.

Rookie

Yes I agree the modem is not worth the price (3 days only!) Local processing is a must!

Frequent Contributor

Yes, it is quite ridiculous that V2 does not have the same features (and important ones at that) as V1. Now, when my electricity is off or internet is out or both, I get no warning from IRIS, if I'm fast asleep (when my leak sensors go off, or if my doors or windows open unexpectedly). 10$ alarms you buy at radioshack, can do this.

Frequent Contributor

Offline processing has been maybe THE parity item that keeps many of us from recommending this product to others. There have been hints that it is coming. A timeline for completion would be a real boon for our confidence in the system.

Frequent Contributor

Totally agree with all the above!  I live 12 hours drive from one of my installations; this is a MUST HAVE if I'm to keep the system.      

How about getting a response from Iris?!?

Community Manager
Status changed to: Logged

We know this is an important feature and has been on our backlog. Our first step will likely be to integrate this into security and safety services, as that's an important use case for the feature.