cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline processing

Offline processing

Offline processing is still missing from v1 parity and is needed since the cellular modem option isn't always feasible in some locations and didn't work when the hub was running on battery backup the last time I checked.

55 Comments
Advanced Member

That's great to hear, thanks!

Advanced Member

Still no time line but I am hearten to see you guys are finally addressing some of these issue on the forum. 

Frequent Contributor

To me, home automation IS part of my security plan.  When I have an intruder alarm, or a safety alarm, every Iris controlled light inside and outside the house gets turned on.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reassurance that you're prioritizing this.  Q2 target is better than no target at all.  I'd much rather be a positive vocal supporter than a negative hater.  I still have high hopes for this system I've invested so much in already. Please don't let us down!

Frequent Contributor
Awesome to see this moving forward again! Glad to see this in the accepted category. It is good to see that our feedback is not falling on deaf ears. Thanks Iris!
Frequent Contributor

To me, Offline processing of security (which is what I bought with V1) is of prime importance expecially , if you thing about it, many home installations have immediate physical access to the various services that Iric uses to connect to.. Cable and phone services are nornally at ground level for maintainance reasons.. Most potential theives would make a B-line for the services and chop the cables, so unless you have a camera pointed at the boxes to take a picture before the cut, then the system is rendered totally useless VERY Easily.. 

This is one of the many  reasons I refuse point blank to post ANY Protected by IRIS stickers or stakes outside the house.. Once they know the sort of alarm, they have the upper hand.. 

Secondly, I have a rule set up that , if the CO/Co2/smoke detector goes off at night, it turns on the lights by the doors and unlocks the doors.. 

This wont happen if the connection to the servers is lost.. 

Security at all times, is a BASIC requirement. V1 had it, V2 should have had it from the getgo. We were promised it last year. 

Yesterday, with internet loss due to a ISP outage, I was told, Oh yet, it lets you know after an hour!   An hour?  WTH?   For grief's sake, have the servers expect a ping every 5 mins or less , and if nothing, push a notification.. a few packets is hardly going to hit anyones data caps.. Sure you may need some load balancing at the servers end but surely this is in place.. 

Im glad to see it on the front burner again.. If I hadnt seen this thread update for Q2,  I was seriously contemplating dumping Iris.   Q2?.. Still WAY too long away.. 

Frequent Contributor

Yes, PLEASE!!   I didn't realize until we had an internet outtage for a few days..   the old v1 system would still function within the home..

v2 is dead in the water..  including the ability to control the HVAC system which is very annoying...

Tinkerer

Going on a year since the forced shutdown and migration from V1 to V2 and still no local processing!

Tinkerer

It's almost the end of May and still no local processing. It's a common feature in most others, but why can't the Iris team manage to get it right? 

Frequent Contributor

Update us on this please. We deserve an update.