cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open API

Open API

I would love to see an open API. This would give a lot of power to the end user if they wanted.

23 Comments
Frequent Contributor

I would agree with what everone else has on here..  I just want to have API access to query for events..  But would love to have a trigger setup as well that would be sweet for a CCTV system that would be cool..  The Iris system sends a API trigger event to a system and that kicks off a camera to save the last 30 secs of recording and maybe save it to the cloud..

Bottom line with API access (just to read data) the possablities are endless..  I am sure this thing is all API cloud based anyways..

Frequent Contributor

Maybe with an open API, things might be able to work correctly with the 'next generation' flub.

Rookie

- integration with Zapier

- integration with IFTTT

- integrate temperature sensors with Ecobee as additional room sensors

- export sensor data (e.g. temperature) for external analysis (e.g. Google Sheets)

Rookie

With an API, I could hook into my iris devices to control them via a single, centralized Command and Controll AI.

Frequent Contributor

I agree with all coments so far. API so we can add more products to the system, as Iris is way to slow to release compatability. I would love the abillity to have a touchpanel for my keypad and with a login abillity to add and remove via the touchpannel. If an API is release I am sure Iris will expand very fash as users will post what they have done. I am currently on the fence on switching to another system due to the slownes of devices being added.

Frequent Contributor

An open API will help generate trust in the Iris brand.  This is something you have promised on several occasions throughout v1 and the start of v2.  I would like to build custom handlers for certain events such as (set halo light color upon alarms, send voice notifications to my google home speakers when an event occurs, etc.)

Rookie

I would love to has access to an API. I would like to have my DHCP server let the hub know when a cell phone comes or leaves the house. 

David

Rookie

As a vacation rental / property management software developer and user of Iris, I would love to see an API to interface with.  I have programmed interfaces for other control systems out there, but the control devices are more expensive and not as easy to obtain as it is to pick up Iris products at your local Lowes.  A property manager can save a homeowner a lot of money being able to control the thermostat and easily control access to the property remotely.  A property could be placed into an economy mode when it is not occupied.  Tends to run the power bill up when the housekeepers set the AC to 60 an and forget to turn it back up when they leave.  It could be days or even weeks before the property is occupied again, meanwhile the AC is blasting at 60 deg.  Temperature and flood sensors could be monitored to alert about freezing or flood conditions.   Lots of good reasons on this thread for an API, so come on let us have it.  It would boost your sales!  

Rookie

A full, well documented open API that is well supported is important to power users of your system.

I would have a house full of IRIS stuff if It had one.  I would also recommend it to others.  

Compatibility and playing well with others is the name of the game.  If I can't interface with haas.io or similar projects without reverse engineering your protocol, or without fear that you will intenionally break things with the next version the way you did moving from v1 to v2,  your system is a no-go.

Rookie
I just want it to be able to graph temperature readings from the sensors. Since that is yet something else we lost from V1 to V2.... Being able to script to control things would be an added benefit. Seems like development has stagnated over the last 6 months, quit accepting the status quo and intavate! Here and idea, this API would be a good start. Thanks!