cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin Lock

Pin Lock

It was in the first verison of IRIS it had an App lock that required you to put your pin code it.  It should be in this version now.  If someone leave their phone unlocked that person could access the IRIS app.  It should be code to have an option if the user wants to lock app or leave it unlock.  Should be a user choice.

You're trying to push 24 hours monitoring Pro service but yet you do not have a lock on the app there was in the first version. 

9 Comments
Advanced Member

When they finally implemented the fingerprint option I was hoping it would serve this purpose instead it only asks for the fingerprint if you logout of the app between uses, not what I was expecting from a security product.

Community Manager

Hi guys,

I have a bit of good news, a forthcoming version of the app will allow you to optionally require authentication (via Touch ID) every time the app is launched. 

-Mike

Advanced Member

Great news, thanks!

Frequent Contributor

How about the Android fingerprint API?

Community Manager

gdanko,

That too :-)

-Mike

Mike S.

As currently implemented the finger print sensor is not useful.  It asks you for a finger print to open the app.  If you do not supply the finger print touch it logs you out.  This is all fine but when logging in you have to manually enter your credentials as the finger print sensor is not an option for log in.  All other apps that use the finger print sensor will log you into the app.  We should have the option to use the finger print sensor to log in and/or to open the app.  Two sliders in the app.  One to use the finger print sensor to open the app and one to log into the app.  These choices would allow us to use the finger print sensor with either of the selections or both.  As it currently is I keep it off.  Not a single other app on my phone works the way Iris has the finger print sensor implemented.

Community Manager

Hi,

The Iris team had a lot of discussion about Fingerprint ID feature. We decided for this initial implementation to focus on providing an extra optional layer of security for the Iris app when you are already logged in, which is a lot more common then logging in "cold."

That said, we are certainly open to possibly expanding this feature in the future for "cold" logins. Out of curiosity, would you use it for both types of login or just the latter?

Thanks,

-Mike

Advanced Member

I personally would prefer the Fingerprint ID to work when the app is already logged on since I have never intentionally logged off the app other than when testing the initial implementation of the Fingerprint ID on iOS.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Delivered

This functionality is now in the apps, using the fingerprint or face ID as the extra layer of security to lock the app.