cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery After Gen2 Hub Replacement

Recovery After Gen2 Hub Replacement

Witn Gen2 hubs now starting to age, a method needs to be created that allows for a simple recovery process once a failed hub is replaced.

Currently there is no way to recover your system configuration after installing a replacement hub. With all the hub logic residing in the cloud, this should not be difficult to deliver.

At a minimum, in the interim there should at least be a way to export your system configuration (list of devices as well as content of rules, scenes and people ) so one is not re-creating it from personal memory after hub failure and replacement.
10 Comments
Rookie

I have not had this problem, but agree completely.  Please address this before I have to replace a hub.

Frequent Contributor

I agree also.  This omission is just another example of how non-robust and immature the IRIS product is. 

Currently my main uses for IRIS is (1) to let me know if any doors and windows are open before I retire for the night, and (2) aid me in energy conservation and scheduling my energy use for time-of-use pricing. 

Both of these applications are non-critical uses for me. Before I venture to more critical applications, I must see a more mature product and a more aggressive and responsive application development team at IRIS/LOWES. 

To to put it in terms that the bean-counters understand - I'm through buying any new hardware or upgraded service plans for at least the next 1-2 years until you can provide a mature product (or scrap the IRIS product line) because at your current rate of development, that's how long it will take you. 

Frequent Contributor

Yes, I agree.....see my example where I reported that my hub just quit and I had 50+ controllers to reinstall. It would have been so much easier if there had been some way to backup the configuration for use on a new hub.....what is the USB port on the back of the hub for (if not to export the configuration for future importation)?

Tinkerer

DECLINED we see no reason for backup.-Iris team                                               sarcasm, maybe.....

my hub deleted every device (50+) twice. Iris wont even call me to fix it.

Frequent Contributor

oh my!!  I have over 135 devices on my system!  I could not imagine having to reinstall eveyone of them!  This issue really needs to be addressed!

Frequent Contributor

Sarcasm possibly....more likely a refusal to admit the system can fail (which is worse).

T

Frequent Contributor

Yes I have over 40 devices. This needs to be done now.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Logged

Frequent Contributor

What exactly does "Logged" mean? ------We know we have a problem and we are going to try and catch up with the parade of once satisfied Iris users who are streaming to other platforms?

Community Manager
Hi, "Logged" means that the issue has been evaluated by our Product Management team as one that we do want to consider for future development, so it will be investigated and prioritized with other work. -Mike