cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Video Doorbell

Ring Video Doorbell

Support for Ring Video Doorbell. 

Keep an eye on your home, day and night.

Our Ring Video Doorbells lets you see and speak with visitors at your door, from anywhere.

Each doorbell is equipped with an HD camera with night vision and smart motion detection.

.ring-doorbell-satin-nickel-bc4fcf1662bda5354f873d9517df159c 

34 Comments
Advanced Member

I was pretty happy with mine until about a month ago.  From what I have found from post online it is a know issue but for some reason Ring is not addressing it.  Starting with the last firmware update the motion detection is basically useless once the camera goes to night vision.  It works great during the day, and it use to at night.  Now you basically have to be standing within about 3 feet of the camera before it will activate motion. 

I wonder if your's will have the same issue?

Advanced Member

My motion detection still works at night, but I think it is only because I have an Iris motion detector mounted under my eaves which turns on my porch lights before someone gets into view of the Ring Video Doorbell Pro.

Tinkerer

I also vote for ring integration!!! It's something I plan on expanding to this month with a ring on the front door (because I liked it! ha!) and possibly a ring flood light too. Possibility? Any thoughts since investigating? @Iris

Especially since I just bought a Ring 2 and extender! Smiley Happy Whoo!! Haha. Smiley Happy

Beginner

Here's another user requesting Ring be integrated into the Iris family. We love our hub and the automated thermostat we have. We would like to expand - but an automated doorbell/camera is what we want next. Until we know we can add that feature, we're not going to expand our Iris system any further.

Jody Carter

Little Rock, AR

I just bought Ring Doorbell Pro. Just like everyone here, I wish Ring products would be integrated into Iris ecosystem. 

Thanks, 

Nic

Wanderer

I don't think the people at Iris are listening to us. I love my Ring doorbell more than my Iris system.

Rookie

Another vote for integration...Come on Iris, let's make this happen!

Rookie

Come on.. been paying for Iris for years.. recently upgraded up pro Iris.. the Security camera feature is the weakness of Iris.. I like others, have Iris, Chamberlain myq, and now ring.. I don't think the purpose of "smart home" is to end up with several apps.. I realized Iris cannot integrate every device on the market but ring is huge!! Let's get it done Please!

Rookie

For all you other Iris users I have some news.

1. Iris does not ever plan on adding support for non Iris cameras.

2. Wink supports ring video and ALL of the Iris products we already own! For $99 I bought a new Wink Hub at HD and will now be cancelling my Iris subscription.. I had no idea Wink supported so much more and allows device interaction on the free service!

Frequent Contributor
@Riggs You may want to review the Wink hub on Amazon reviews. Lots of complaints and a total rating of 2.7 stars out of 5 stars. I suggest that any security/automation system you buy that you will find bad reviews and/or customers not happy. The grass is not always greener on the other side.