cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Video Doorbell

Ring Video Doorbell

Support for Ring Video Doorbell. 

Keep an eye on your home, day and night.

Our Ring Video Doorbells lets you see and speak with visitors at your door, from anywhere.

Each doorbell is equipped with an HD camera with night vision and smart motion detection.

.ring-doorbell-satin-nickel-bc4fcf1662bda5354f873d9517df159c 

36 Comments
Rookie

True.. If I was wanting security I could sleep at night and not worry about I would go with an alarm company with cell dialer etc not internet based smart home. I am more interested in automation and for $99 and still being able to use all of my already purchased equipment is probably a gamble worth taking. The wink hub had major connection issues but from what I read these issues were improved upon dramatically with the wink 2 hub which is more like a device router than a little hub. Even ADT which is probably the U.S. largest security company has ring integrated into their ADT pulse system.. it seems like Iris is attempting to be the Apple of smart home and make their hub proprietary but they can't stop other hubs from supporting their devices as long as they are using the zwave and zigbee protocols.

Tinkerer

I have had a Wink hub for a couple of years.  Nothing against Wink, they just don't have the features that Iris has.  The main item for me is no keypads for alarm.  Also, geolocation only works on one device.  I couldn't receive notifications when another member of the household left or returned.  It requires a separate device on Iris, but at least it's available.  Plus, I have to pay full price for the Hub 2.  Iris upgraded users to their Hub w for free.  I have seen a couple of comments about Wink experimenting with a subscription feature for some added features.  I believe it was only $4.99, but it is an additional cost.  I have just about phased out all of my Wink stuff with only 1 Wink Relay left to replace.  The grass isn't always greener for everyone.  I hope it works for you.

Tinkerer

@rdisomThat's the reason I'm leaving SimpliSafe. They have a known flawed hub 2 that unbelievably is not encrypted from hub to keypad.  They fix it with hub 3 but refused to provide the replacement for free. So I bought a brick in security for lots of money and they wanted more money? SimpliSafe is a bad company IMO. I have no doubt that all security companies have issues and concerns.

Frequent Contributor

Partner with Ring! That would be awesome!

I have had Iris for some time and recently purchased the cameras.  It did not take me long to return them, not happy with the way they work.  Purchased Ring Doorbell, love it and now have added the flood camera.  Would love to see this all work together as I love Iris. 

Advanced Member

Now that Ring has released their own alarm system I would bet that Iris integration of any kind is not going to happen.

https://www.amazon.com/Ring-Alarm-Home-Security-Kit/dp/B07D7Q6CHB/ref=as_at/?creativeASIN=B07D7Q6CHB...

One thing that Lowe's should take note of is the monthly fee Amazon is offering for professional monitoring.  It's only $10 a month which includes cellular backup.  If you prepay for the year it's only $8.30 per month.