cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule Builder

Rule Builder

It would be nice to have a rule builder where you can select any device and apply any logic to them with IF, WHEN, WHILE, UNTIL etc. statements.

For example: If humidity is at certain level turn on a smart plug (connected to a dehumidifier), and turn on furnace fan only.

25 Comments
Frequent Contributor

Adding AND triggers would be good too. For instance if it's between 11PM and 6 AM AND the bedroom motion detector is triggered then turn on the bathroom light. Or if the alarm is armed AND the garage door opens the set the scene I'm home (disarm alarm, turn on lights, etc.). 

Community Manager

@Collins6 you can achieve this functionality by using Schedules on the rule you have setup to turn on the bathroom light, so it's only active during the designated timeframes.

I AGREE COMPLETELY!  THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE ASAP.  NO REASON NOT TO BE ABLE TO ESTABLISH YOUR OWN RULES.  FOR EXAMPLE: WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE CERTAIN LIGHTS TURN ON WHEN YOUR GARAGE DOOR IS OPEN.  

No need to scream.  You can control lights with your garage door by adding a NYCE tilt sensor.

WLY
Frequent Contributor

As a new Iris user as of 2-2017 I had a difficult time finding the correct screen to build my rules and scenes.  Once I got there it was as advertised easy to build.

Personally I would like the ability to build my own as mentioned above

Community Manager
Status changed to: Logged

After reviewing this suggestion, we can agree that this would be a great addition to Iris. 

Whilst it's not currently a priority, it's something we have on our longer term roadmap and so we would appreciate some further examples and use cases of how your would utilize this within your own system.

Frequent Contributor

IF (humidity on thermostat is > 55%)

THEN turn on Smart Plug (dehumidifier)

AND turn on furnace fan

WHILE alarm is armed AND time between sunset and sunrise

(IF motion is triggered (motion sensor outside)

THEN turn on light switch (outside light)

AND don't trigger alarm)

Rookie

It would be very nice to be able to have rules which operate only in specific scenes. V1 was far superior for this reason. Would be great to have the bedroom light sensor NOT react once we go to our "bedtime" scene rather than just disabling at a preset time. 

Beginner

This missing elelmet is forcing me to use a third party IRIS app that I am not comfortable with so that I can execute IFTTT scripts.

Tinkerer

I too would like to create custom scenes/rules. I often find that i have to create and schedule multiple scenes/rules to do what I want instead of writing one scene... For example...

If Sam arrives home after sunset then turn on porch light for 10 minutes or until front door is locked or something similar....