cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Switch/Outlet Notification

Smart Switch/Outlet Notification

I have a smart outlet/plug model SPG902 lowes item#388564 zigbee connectivity. Iris lets me know (in the app only) that the device is NOT connected by showing me the status in RED text, but will not let me know by a notification. Since you(Iris developers) know it is offline it should be easy to call the notification subroutine and send us a text right? This is a very important feature for the smart outlet/plugs out there. We ALL want to use this feature to let us know our freezer or refrigerator or the most important issue that our tap is not cooling. I and many others need this feature ASAP. Please let me know your decision on this matter. I have used iris for years from the beginning hub to the new hub and all of the development in between.

1 Comment
Frequent Contributor

I have noticed with my offline devices it takes a while to get the notification that it's offline. Typically I get it by the next day via push notification. I also tested this out with a motion sensor I don't use very often I took out the battery. I did receive the push notification, it just didn't come right away.