cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermostat Fan Control

Thermostat Fan Control

Have the ability again (v1 had it) to control the fan on the thermostat from On to Auto, etc.  The system can be controlled from Auto, Cool, Heat, and Off but you can't control the fan of the HVAC.  I recently had a tenant that turned it to ON with no way to remotely switch it back to auto, until he was home two days later.

8 Comments
Frequent Contributor

Yes!  Why did we lose this simple yet useful feature??

Frequent Contributor

I agree that this would be a great feature to have, but I disagree with it having been available in V1 because I distinctly remember being aggravated over this ommision when I switched to an Iris thermostat after having a Honeywell that offered this feature.  

Rookie

Yes! 

Need this with a rule to trigger it on or off based on humidity levels for those of us that have a whole home humidifier.  Would also like to see this for CO alarm rule to activate the fan.  

Frequent Contributor

For anyone who uses a fireplace (like me), being able to activate the HVAC fan with a rule would be a great way to distribute the heat generated. 

Rookie

Add me to the list of people that NEED this feature. I also use a fireplace and would love to be able to trigger the furnace fan if a sensor in another room shows a low temp.

Frequent Contributor

This would really help even out the climate of my entire house. The AC or heat may not need to run to keep temps and humidity even room to room. It stinks that this feature hasn't been added to V1 or V2. 

Frequent Contributor

How do I save these threads so I can follow up later?