cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web UI

Web UI

I know I have been working on a web UI ( http://irisstatus.org/iris_portal/ Admins remove if not allowed ) Is there a time frame on the official one?

25 Comments
Operations Director

Most of the design work is complete on the web UI and right now our developers are mainly working on the back end. We'll introduce the web UI about the same time as Iris Professional Monitoring. Both projects are immensly complex and have a lot of moving parts, but my guess would be late Q1 or possibly early Q2. However; we won't ship until we're fully satisfied with what we have. Additionally, the web UI will probably ship in several itterations. We've heard from our users that they'd rather have limited functionality sooner, rather than a fully built out web UI later. We'll then add more features in follow on releases. We'll priortize web features based on user surveys we've conducted. Expect rules and scenes to be pretty early on.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

In progress, and slated for a Q1/Q2 release.

Most of the design work is complete on the web UI and right now our developers are mainly working on the back end. We'll introduce the web UI about the same time as Iris Professional Monitoring. Both projects are immensly complex and have a lot of moving parts, but my guess would be late Q1 or possibly early Q2. However; we won't ship until we're fully satisfied with what we have. Additionally, the web UI will probably ship in several itterations. We've heard from our users that they'd rather have limited functionality sooner, rather than a fully built out web UI later. We'll then add more features in follow on releases. We'll priortize web features based on user surveys we've conducted. Expect rules and scenes to be pretty early on.
Frequent Contributor

The phrase:   "We've heard from our users that they'd rather have limited functionality sooner, rather than a fully built out web UI later. "  Is disappointing. Don't take this wrong, I mean great we're getting a Web UI because Iris needs one desperately. Messing with rules and scenes is a mess on a phone or tablet. Basically anything over very things like arming disarming the system are easier done on the PC in my opinion. However I take limited functionality to mean these easier things are likely to be the first things released. 

If you release a web site that can only disarm and arm the system, and turn on lights, don't be surprised if your useage numbers are pretty low. Maybe I'm off base, but I know that's not what I would use for on a regular basis. I just don't want anyone at Lowes starting this process and saying see no one is using the website, we don't need to finish it.

Frequent Contributor

Really miss the old web interface, looking forward to the new one - Hope it arrives soon and provides similar functions to the original!

web UI image.png

This is the preview they pushed out. 

Wanderer

I have all 3 of my homes on the system, once we lost the website I was promised it was "coming soon" that was a very long time ago. I know a lot of clients are upset about it as I'am. I would highly reccommend getting it done "very soon" I, along with many other users are "soon" to be ex clients.

Beginner

Agree with Joe; as a Windows Phone user with probably over $1500 invested in this system it was a pretty nasty shock to discover that I was suddenly left in the cold after "upgrading" to the Gen2 hub...  This wait has been entirely too long to restore functionality to something as critical as a home security system.

@JBrown The web interface that I made is mobile friendly. I hope that helps.

Little video about the Unofficial Iris Web Interface

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3J5ky8iSYo

I agree with the need for a web based UI. I also miss a lot of the features from V1. The ability to monitor power consumtion as well as temperature history etc. I really preferred the old UI and features wish we could get some of them back in the new UI. Also need to work on reliability. I have a couple of devices that keep falling off. I've tried using range extender and relocation of devices with disappointing results