cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows & Blinds card

Windows & Blinds card

It would be nice to get the Windows & Blinds card setup so that it will list the number of open windows and blinds if there are any like the Doors & Locks, and Lights & Switches cards do.

9 Comments
Tinkerer

An actual functioning Windows & Blinds card has been promised for a long time.
I really hope we see it soon.

+1 I would like to see this added.

Beginner

Iris promised window & blind sensors for the second half of last year, which they missed their mark.  They also still have a placeholder on the app card saying, "Coming Soon."  Without CES presence this year and no further indication of anything being available, it appears that Iris might be a dying breed.  With the investments I've made into Iris, I sure hope that's not the case.

Rookie

I've been griping about this for over a year.  Blinds are the MOST EXPENSIVE device you can buy for your Iris Hub, yet has the least support.  Sure, I can create rules.  But, why oh why, can't the card work?  Why can't a specify the 'favorite' position again like I did with v1? Spend $10,000 on blinds at Lowe's... you expect a feature to work. 

Frequent Contributor
"I've been griping about this for over a year.  Blinds are the MOST EXPENSIVE device you can buy for your Iris Hub, yet has the least support.  Sure, I can create rules.  But, why oh why, can't the card work?  Why can't a specify the 'favorite' position again like I did with v1? Spend $10,000 on blinds at Lowe's... you expect a feature to work. "
Same here.  At least bring back the functionality that was available in gen 1 as was promised.

Advanced Member

With the latest app changes the Windows and Blinds card is now gone, not a good sign.

Frequent Contributor

Also the schedule for the window blinds is gone and was on v1 before where i can schedule a blind to open and close at certain times, been on them for 2 years and they wont do it , its like what everyone been saying , the company  do what they want and not what the customers want, that was the main reason why i bought the blinds cuz of the schedule feature 

Frequent Contributor

Any update on this.  Taking way too long to get back the functionality that we had in gen 1.

@Terk wrote:

It would be nice to get the Windows & Blinds card setup so that it will list the number of open windows and blinds if there are any like the Doors & Locks, and Lights & Switches cards do.

Frequent Contributor

I agree there should be a separate Windows Card. Adding blinds is ok, but I’m neutral on that since I don’t have any and probably never will.

SInce I only have 7 doors but 25 windows, I have to “lie” and classify all the windows as “doors” in able to see a total of how many entities are open at bedtime or when rain is approaching. 

I also agree that tilt tilt sensors (the subject of another request) be included somewhere too since I have three.  In my case they are all (garage) doors.  But I could use them on my awning windows too. So what is the best card to put them on?