cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows & Blinds card

Windows & Blinds card

It would be nice to get the Windows & Blinds card setup so that it will list the number of open windows and blinds if there are any like the Doors & Locks, and Lights & Switches cards do.

9 Comments
Tinkerer

An actual functioning Windows & Blinds card has been promised for a long time.
I really hope we see it soon.

+1 I would like to see this added.

Beginner

Iris promised window & blind sensors for the second half of last year, which they missed their mark.  They also still have a placeholder on the app card saying, "Coming Soon."  Without CES presence this year and no further indication of anything being available, it appears that Iris might be a dying breed.  With the investments I've made into Iris, I sure hope that's not the case.

Rookie

I've been griping about this for over a year.  Blinds are the MOST EXPENSIVE device you can buy for your Iris Hub, yet has the least support.  Sure, I can create rules.  But, why oh why, can't the card work?  Why can't a specify the 'favorite' position again like I did with v1? Spend $10,000 on blinds at Lowe's... you expect a feature to work. 

Frequent Contributor
"I've been griping about this for over a year.  Blinds are the MOST EXPENSIVE device you can buy for your Iris Hub, yet has the least support.  Sure, I can create rules.  But, why oh why, can't the card work?  Why can't a specify the 'favorite' position again like I did with v1? Spend $10,000 on blinds at Lowe's... you expect a feature to work. "
Same here.  At least bring back the functionality that was available in gen 1 as was promised.

Advanced Member

With the latest app changes the Windows and Blinds card is now gone, not a good sign.

Frequent Contributor

Also the schedule for the window blinds is gone and was on v1 before where i can schedule a blind to open and close at certain times, been on them for 2 years and they wont do it , its like what everyone been saying , the company  do what they want and not what the customers want, that was the main reason why i bought the blinds cuz of the schedule feature 

Frequent Contributor

Any update on this.  Taking way too long to get back the functionality that we had in gen 1.

Terk wrote:

It would be nice to get the Windows & Blinds card setup so that it will list the number of open windows and blinds if there are any like the Doors & Locks, and Lights & Switches cards do.

Frequent Contributor

I agree there should be a separate Windows Card. Adding blinds is ok, but I’m neutral on that since I don’t have any and probably never will.

SInce I only have 7 doors but 25 windows, I have to “lie” and classify all the windows as “doors” in able to see a total of how many entities are open at bedtime or when rain is approaching. 

I also agree that tilt tilt sensors (the subject of another request) be included somewhere too since I have three.  In my case they are all (garage) doors.  But I could use them on my awning windows too. So what is the best card to put them on?