cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd Gen Hub and Devices

Tinkerer

Re: 3rd Gen Hub and Devices

Does the new hub having wifi built in mean it no longer has to be tethered by an ethernet cable to my router? That would be a huge plus being able to locate the hub where ever i want. Really can't wait to see what the new cameras bring along with other items!

Frequent Contributor

Hi MikeS,

Are you able to tell us if there will be an outdoor motion sensor with the v3 release?

I know you get a lot of negative feedback, but I LOVE IRIS. It works great!     

I am glad to see an IRIS v3 is coming out. I was honestly getting worried that you Lowes was going to discontinue the entire IRIS line, given I saw the inventory (and prices) dropping at the local Lowes store.

Community Manager

Yep - Wi-Fi means you can put the hub anywhere where you have a good Wi-Fi signal.

-Mike

Community Manager

@plgill99 wrote:

Hi MikeS,

Are you able to tell us if there will be an outdoor motion sensor with the v3 release?

I know you get a lot of negative feedback, but I LOVE IRIS. It works great!     

I am glad to see an IRIS v3 is coming out. I was honestly getting worried that you Lowes was going to discontinue the entire IRIS line, given I saw the inventory (and prices) dropping at the local Lowes store.

Thank you for the kind words.

The new motion sensors are not "officially" rated for outdoor use, but like the previous ones, they do work outdoors as long as they are not directly exposed to the elements (i.e. don't let it rain on em). I use them on my front and back porch with no issues.

Hope this helps,

-Mike

Tinkerer

Great! Location freedom of Hub will help alot!

Tinkerer

Is there a release date yet for the new products??
Advanced Member

@dndauto wrote:
Is there a release date yet for the new products??

These are available now in some areas.

Highlighted
Advanced Member

I was at my local Lowes this afternoon and they had V3 hubs on the shelf.

Tinkerer

With the new 3rd Gen Hubs also being wifi enabled will we be able to talk with other wifi camera systems?  I did see in the device list there is a new camera coming or is already out (not by me yet) that is battery operated which is great. Has anybody installed the new hub or camera yet? Would like to hear some feedback on features of new items. 

Tinkerer

If that’s the case then why aren’t they on the website??