Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CT101 has lost connection - AGAIN

SOLVED
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

CT101 has lost connection - AGAIN

My CT101 radio thermostat has lost connection AGAIN.  This happens several times each week.  The thermostat worked fine until the new HUB was introduced.  Now, my thermostat is offline more than online.

2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: CT101 has lost connection - AGAIN

Hi,

One suggestion to possibly improve the connectivity to your thermostat would be to optimize your Z-Wave network - you can do this from the app under the sidebar->Devices->Z-Wave Tools->Rebuild Z-Wave Network. Depending on the distance between your hub and the thermostat there are a couple other things that can be done to improve range and connectivity as well. If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to call Iris support at 1-855-469-IRIS if you continue having this issue.

-Mike

Frequent Contributor

Re: CT101 has lost connection - AGAIN

Resolved this by moving the Range Extender to within 6 feet of the thermostat.  Made the move a little over a month ago and have had no connection problems.  Kinda frustrating as the thermostat already has a direct line of sight to the HUB and is only about 30 feet from it - well within the 300 foot range with no obstacles.  Plus I was using the Range Extender to help the signal reach the Orbit Hose Timer.  Turns out the hose timer doesn't need the Range Extender even though the signal has to go through a brick exterior and around a corner.  Too bad Orbit doesn't make a thermostat.