cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disarm Alarm with (nyce) Garage Tilt Sensor

Rookie

Disarm Alarm with (nyce) Garage Tilt Sensor

Is it possible to add to the Garage tilt sensor that when it is open UPRIGHT the alarm will disarm automatically, so i don't have to go into the app everytime  and turn off alarm before i opening the garage. I like the feature that my front door will disarm the alarm when it is unlocked with the key pad. Now if you could do the same for the garage door tilt senor that would be great for people who use the garage more then the front door.  Please look into added that feature. Would make it much easy then having to open APP every time to disarm alarm before opening garage. 

3 REPLIES
Tinkerer

Re: Disarm Alarm with (nyce) Garage Tilt Sensor

djtone45 wrote:

Is it possible to add to the Garage tilt sensor that when it is open UPRIGHT the alarm will disarm automatically, so i don't have to go into the app everytime  and turn off alarm before i opening the garage. I like the feature that my front door will disarm the alarm when it is unlocked with the key pad. Now if you could do the same for the garage door tilt senor that would be great for people who use the garage more then the front door.  Please look into added that feature. Would make it much easy then having to open APP every time to disarm alarm before opening garage. 

That would also then mean that is someone broke into your garage by lifting the door, the system would disarm too.  Which then would mean they could empty out the garage/house (depending on layout) and you'd never know.

Frequent Contributor

I have to agree with the other poster, you want the tilt sensor there to alarm you if someone pops the door. Have you considered the key fob? You can program one of the buttons to run a scene that will disarm the alarm and open the door (along with a bunch of other stuff if you want). The key fobs are also very useful for the presence based scenes (first one home, last one to leave). I use those to run the HVAC, set the alarm, change lights, and make sure the garage door is closed.  

Highlighted
Tinkerer

I agree with the other posters. You could only have the tilt sensor active during "On" and not active during "Partial". During the day, set your alarm to Partial and then you can access your garage without having to disarm the alarm from the app. Just put a keypad inside the garage so when you get out of your car just input your pin to disarm before entering your home. At night or when you are away for a long period, set your alarm to "On" so that the garage door is secure.