cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exiting IRIS shutdown - Is it all IRIS or just the app?

Rookie

Exiting IRIS shutdown - Is it all IRIS or just the app?

In this mornings earning announcement I do see where it says smart home app. I wonder if you mean just the app or the whole IRIS program?

Nov 20 (Reuters) - Lowe's Cos Inc said on Tuesday it was looking to shed its retail operations in Mexico and certain non-core U.S. businesses as the country's second-biggest home improvement chain strives to compete with rivals including Home Depot.

Shares of the Mooresville, North Carolina-based company fell 5.3 percent to $86.50 in premarket trading after Lowe's also reported a smaller-than-expected rise in same-store sales.

Under Marvin Ellison, Lowe's newly-appointed chief executive officer, the company has been streamlining its business by shutting underperforming stores and cutting back on slow moving inventory.

The company has perennially lagged Home Depot Inc in same-store sales, despite having roughly the same number of stores.

Lowe's said it was looking at all options for its chain of 13 stores in Mexico and that it was "exiting" its U.S. contracting services business Alacrity Renovation Services and security and smart home app Iris Smart Home.

4 REPLIES 4
Tinkerer

Re: Exiting IRIS shutdown - Is it all IRIS or just the app?

Just read the earnings release myself. That does not look good.  How about it IRIS team? What is going on? Or were you caught off guard also?  It sure makes one hesitant  to spend anymore $$$ on items without any clarification of whats to come. Silence is worse than no info at all. 

Response just came out!

Community Manager

Hi,

We have an official FAQ here: https://community.irisbylowes.com/t5/News-Announcements/In-response-to-Lowe-s-announcement-to-sell-I...

There will be further news when a buyer for Iris is announced. Iris is NOT shutting down, and you can continue to expect the Iris service to operate just as it does now (and to be able to purchase Iris equipment at Lowe's). Iris is personally a very important part of my life and I rely on it to protect my family. We are not going anywhere.

-Mike

Frequent Contributor

Any chance Lowes will accept version 1 devices for refund that are not compatible with other systems?
Frequent Contributor

It shutting down.. it really sucks because we use it to protect our family as well and it works! What a mess -- I will never forgive Lowes for this scam as long as I breath and will never purchase anrything from them. This is going to be a major hassle and I am not looking forward to it at all. The most important part of this is the control of my dog door.. it is the thing I use the most and to control our lights and monitor for water leaks.. it has saved us many times and I have to be able to control when and where my dogs go through that door and will not be able to do that now and it is a major inconvienance and could cause one of them to be injured because her sister likes to attack her and that door and the control is how I manage those episodes -- esp when I am traveling. This is really going to be distressful and I do not think Iris relizes what this means to some people who use it for utility. I guess they do not care about us.  No money can replace the sense of well-being this gave us. F**C& Lowes!