cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garage door not pairing

SOLVED
Frequent Contributor

Garage door not pairing

Recently got the Iris garage door controller, but can't get it to pair. Put base (G2) and controller right next to each other, factory reset, rebooted, etc. Nothing. Set controller to pairing mode and scan with the app, but controller times out and the app doesn't find anything.

Thoughts? Tips?

5 REPLIES
Advanced Member

Re: Garage door not opening

Have you tried using the z-wave removal tool before pairing?  Doing this should give you an indication whether the device is communicating with the hub.  To do this start the zwave removal tool and then push the link button on the garage door controller.  The controller should show up in the app as a device to remove.  If it doesn't, try pushing the link button a few more times.  Once you have successfully removed the device, retry pairing the controller to the hub.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp38vHRXeWk

Frequent Contributor

It didn't show up as a device to remove.
Advanced Member

I looks like there may be a problem with the garage door controller.  I would take it back and exchange it for another one, 

Frequent Contributor

I had the same problem over the weekend, unplugging it for an hour then plugging it back in fixed it.

Frequent Contributor

No luck with any of the troubleshooting. Got a Genie Aladdin, which setup faster and without issue. Will be returning the IRIS controller.

Thanks for the help, everyone.