cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid hub id error

Rookie

Invalid hub id error

When I register the hub using app, I faces "Invalid hub id error", what is the problem? How can I resolve this? Thanks!
9 REPLIES
Advanced Member

Re: Invalid hub id error

Probably need to call support.

Tinkerer

The Hub ID format is ABC-1234, Did you type in three letters and then four numbers?

Rookie

Yes, I did.

Rookie

I got the same thing. But my hub ID has only 3 letters then 3 #s after the hyphen. What do I do? Hope u found your answer
Rookie

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue. Three letters followed by three numbers.

Apparently, the hub's with only three numbers are Generation 1 devices and are no longer supported. I just found this out myself while trying to register my Gen 1 Hub.. what a shame.

Rookie

Yep I hear ya. And they no help !!SMH. Guess I shouldn’t of given it to my folks. Sad

Just opened the box brand new and it's no longer supported that's the security system I want one that expires before I can install it

Highlighted
Advanced Member

@joesummers55 wrote:

Just opened the box brand new and it's no longer supported that's the security system I want one that expires before I can install it

There are only two Hub versions.  If someone sold you a V1 Hub recently that ripped you off.  They quit supporting those about 2 years ago.  If you had a V1 hub they would have given you a V2 hub for free.  

If you have a V2 hub and it says it's no longer supported you should contact support and get another one.