cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invitation Code Feature Not Working With Limited Access Selected

Rookie

Invitation Code Feature Not Working With Limited Access Selected

I recently sent invitations to two people for them to access my Iris Security System on their Iris By Lowe's AP (with limited access). They were automatically sent an invitation via email, but no "invitation code." I contacted the Iris support phone line, and was informed (quite frankly) that the "limited access" feature was not up and running, and that my guests users would only be sent an invitation code right now if I granted them "full access." I really don't want any of my users to be able to remove or modify the setting of any of the system components, so full access is not an option. They just need to be able to remotely arm or disarm the system via the mobile AP. I find it hard to believe that Lowe's would have the limited access feature available if it does not work. Any thoughts?
4 REPLIES
Tinkerer

Re: Invitation Code Feature Not Working With Limited Access Selected

ANY word from Iris on when limited access will be working. It seems crazy to have to give someone full access to the system and modifications when you only want them to have basic controls.
Tinkerer

Hello ... anybody out there, out there? Does anybody with Iris by Lowe's want to provide an update?
Community Manager

We can confirm that Limited or Partial Access is completely 'up and running'. We apologize for the confusion with our support team here and will be looking into this.

Allowing someone Partial Access means they are recognized by Iris but cannot login to your Place. With Partial Access, there is no invitation code to accept, this is intended for use by family & friends or service professionals who need to access your home but should not be able to control any of it’s features remotely.

Partial Access guests can be added to the Alarm Notification List, assigned a PIN code to unlock locks or arm & disarm security keypad, and for associating a person with a fob (for example, to use a Rule that can notify you when children return from school).

The crucial difference between Full and Partial Access is that Partial Access guests cannot control any devices within your system remotely (from within the app or website).

We hope this clears up any confusion around Partial Access and thank you for your feedback.

Highlighted

It does not seem to be working at all. My person got the email saying her code was updated but I can confirm it does not work. Support told me she would have to reply to that email as well but there is no way to reply to the email. I have updated twice 2 emails no luck. Even Manual isn't working.