cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NYCE garage tilt sensor - treat as a door/lock in app dashboard

NYCE garage tilt sensor - treat as a door/lock in app dashboard

Hello - been an Iris customer since V1 hub and just had to address this concern I've had since the tilt sensor's release. Since it's connected to my car garage which is the main entryway for my family, I wish it showed itself on the app the same way a door sensor would; for instance, if it was open, an icon would appear in the main dashboard would indicate so for quickly checking if I had left it open (which happens a lot. For me to check if I had left the garage door open, I end up having to look it up in the device section.  I would imagine this would be an easy fix. Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Tinkerer

Re: NYCE garage tilt sensor - treat as a door/lock in app dashboard

Have you tried adding it to favorites?? On an iOS device it should show up directly below the location when you open the app. I don’t know about android devices though. At least you can scroll to that device in favorites and see.

Re: NYCE garage tilt sensor - treat as a door/lock in app dashboard

Thank you for the suggestion and I have tried doing it that way but it's not that intuitive, if you ask my opinion. A garage door is an entryway and should be reflected as such. If I had known, this would have been the case, I would have just opted for the door sensor instead on my garage door. This should be a feature rather than a temporary fix.