cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No indoor/outdoor cameras offered on your website

Tinkerer

No indoor/outdoor cameras offered on your website

I have noticed that you are only offering indoor cameras on your website. Is this a mistake or have you stopped selling the indoor/outdoor cameras?

10 REPLIES 10
Community Manager

Re: No indoor/outdoor cameras offered on your website

Hi,

We are putting the final touches on a new indoor/outdoor camera as well as tweaking our previous generation cameras and look forward to having those for sale early this fall.

-Mike

Support Staff

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out on the support page. I can understand the frustration you are having trying to find the indoor/outdoor cameras. At this time I am sorry to inform you that we are currently out of stock. I am happy to hear you are interested in these cameras. You can keep an eye out for there future release on the support page at Irisbylowes.com or you can go to the lowes website in your local area and search to see if they are back in stock. 

Every night the store updates there inventory, so if its not in one day check the next day. Thank you for your time and I hope this information was useful. 

Thank you for being a valued Iris Customer,

Jenna32IRIS@IrisRocks

Frequent Contributor

By the lowes by my house they said they had the cameras but couldnt sell them! I am getting very upset with Iris! Glad to know your coming out with a new camera please hurry though
Tinkerer

Refer to this thread about "new hub and devices": 

https://community.irisbylowes.com/t5/Iris-Products-Mobile-App/3rd-Gen-Hub-and-Devices/m-p/5878#M540

Iris is slow about bringing new products. From first hand experience (I needed a key pad) not intrested in getting the customer what they need in a timely manner. 

Rookie

Can you follow up on the details of new cameras and/or updates to the old cameras?  We have 3 Indoor/Outdoor cams installed for the past year and they continue to work but have no audio (never have).  But, we just purchased a new Indoor/Outdoor and added it to the same hub and it has audio!  Is there a way to upgrade the old/existing cams to get audio working?

Community Manager

@Chrisbo66 wrote:

Can you follow up on the details of new cameras and/or updates to the old cameras?  We have 3 Indoor/Outdoor cams installed for the past year and they continue to work but have no audio (never have).  But, we just purchased a new Indoor/Outdoor and added it to the same hub and it has audio!  Is there a way to upgrade the old/existing cams to get audio working?

We've recently added platform support for audio for the Indoor/Outdoor camera. We are gradually bringing this to all the existing cameras on the system, so if you are patient this will be enabled for existing already paired indoor/outdoor cameras soon. If you are eager and don't want to wait, if you unpair (remove) and then re-pair (add back) your existing indoor/outdoor camera it will pick up the new audio support without needing to wait. It is your choice.

Hope this helps,

-Mike

Advanced Member

@MikeS wrote:

We've recently added platform support for audio for the Indoor/Outdoor camera. We are gradually bringing this to all the existing cameras on the system, so if you are patient this will be enabled for existing already paired indoor/outdoor cameras soon. If you are eager and don't want to wait, if you unpair (remove) and then re-pair (add back) your existing indoor/outdoor camera it will pick up the new audio support without needing to wait. It is your choice.

Hope this helps,

-Mike

I just got my Iris system back up and running and I added my V1 indoor camera back to the system this weekend on the 10th.  According to this I should have audio but I do not.  Does anyone have this working?

Community Manager

Just to confirm, this is the Indoor/Outdoor camera? (OC830)

-Mike

Advanced Member

No this is a V1 indoor only camera model RC8221(?), per the info from the device page.  I am not at home so I can't look at the camera. 

So after you asked this question and I re-read you response I guess this is for indoor/outdoor cameras only?  You say "We are gradually bringing this to all the existing cameras on the system"  so that is what made me think all the cameras.  After that statement in the same sentence,  however,  you say "so if you are patient this will be enabled for existing already paired indoor/outdoor cameras soon,"  So I guess only the indoor/outdoor?