cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sylvania LIGHTIFY Bulbs Discontinued by Lowes

Tinkerer

Sylvania LIGHTIFY Bulbs Discontinued by Lowes

I recently went to my local store to pickup some more bulbs and none were on the shelf. Not even the labels. I went online and could not find them. I contacted Iris and was told, "Hi, unfortunately Lowe's has taken the decision to end stocking of these bulbs. However, Iris will still maintain support for those devices purchased elsewhere. We apologize for the inconvenience here." I went online (Amazon/eBay) and found similar ones but the product numbers were different. I again contacted Iris asking if these bulbs would work. I was told, "Hi, unfortunately we can't guarantee that these are supported unless they have the official 'works with iris' approval." The bulbs do not have the "works with Iris" on them so I did not purchase them. I was then told, "You can find alternative bulbs on our website" which are the same bulbs that Lowes discontinued selling. Once you add them to your cart it takes you to lowes.com where you are told the bulbs are no loner available. Am I the only one who finds this unacceptable?

8 REPLIES 8
Tinkerer

Re: Sylvania LIGHTIFY Bulbs Discontinued by Lowes

I tried to buy the 16 foot light stip and couldn't buy it a Lowes .com either. What you need to do is call Lowes sales and they can look up the item number and tell you what store has it. You can then call the store and have it shipped to you. I do agree that it is a bumber that you can't just buy them on line anymore. Bottom line if you can't buy them anymore they shouldn't show them on their web site as products you can buy. There are about 16 differnt Sylvania products out there and only three are still available. They should just be removed.

Frequent Contributor

All Lightify products are on CLEARANCE at my local Lowes and I'm buying as much as possible. 11.00 a bulb for the basic bulb. 22.00 for the tunable and 29.00 for the RGB. Even flood lights are 17.99
Tinkerer

Hi,  I just attempted to ordered 7 of the used to "works with Iris" (Model # 73893).  At the time, the item on Amazon's site showed what appeared to be the 'old' Model# 73893.  One choice was the usual $14.98 and the another item, with almost identical desciption but was  referred to as "10 Year" and specifically stated 2700k white (I think that is the same brightness as Model# 73893, not sure).  What arrived, when paird with the Osram Lightify A19 LED Light Bulb (the dimmable, first in list) choice under "+ Device" process stated, when this device was paired, "This device is not supported yet".  Turns out it requires a Lightify gateway (similar to the Philips Hue gateway. I have one but it did not see the bulbs either.  Alexa did not either).  Have gotten the OK from Amazon to return for refund (the "or order another item" was not an option).  Realized that even the $9.95 "10 Year" item (Model# 74283) on Amazon site does not work.  Actually cannot find a white dimmable bulb that does say "works with Iris".  Perhaps an update of the Iris by Lowes app does allow the bulbs to "works with Iris" now.  I will update app if it is not most recent and will test before I send the bulbs back to Amazon.  BEWARE OF THIS CONFUSION.

Frequent Contributor

All of the lightify bulbs require a hub, but for us, Iris is the hub instead of their branded one. Have you tried removing the one you paired and re-pairing it? I've seen the same error before and it was just due to a bad pairing. I've used some normal lightify bulbs (that don't mention Iris) without much trouble. I just plug them into a light right next to my hub to pair before I put them wherever they are going. 

Frequent Contributor

Recently had to reinstall a 2nd gen hub and connect lots of devices, one was the lightifystrip. During pairing another item the lightifystrip paired because my husband had plugged in while I was on the phone with support. Support found the way the lightifystrip paired as if it was good info and was going to bring it up in their next meeting. Support did say that they are working to bring the Lightify products back so you may just want to sit on this and see what happens. I have seen Iris do this in the past such as with the plug. 

quit iris and go to samsung smartthings.most if not all of iris work with it along wih hundreeds of others.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Went into my local lowes and there was a FINAL CLEARANCE sale on the LIGHTIFY products.. Basic bulbs 3.47, Tunable Bulb 7.49, and RGB bulbs were 9.99.. Needless to say, I purchased the last 6 bulbs on the shelves. It's my understanding that LIGHTIFY bulbs will be back soon.

Tinkerer

It gets even better, the Lightify was replaced with Phillips Hue as noted on the last update, the kicker being Lowes does not carry Phillips Hue currently. I had to go to home depot where the rgbs are 49.99 a peice. You cant make this stuff up!