cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with Iris Devices now?

Frequent Contributor

What to do with Iris Devices now?

I have one of the newer Iris indoor/Outdoor wireless cameras and a hub. Are others simply throwing them away since the hubs are useless come the end of March and the cameras are not compatible with any other system?
5 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: What to do with Iris Devices now?

Is that V3 or V2 camera ?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Iris Web Portal
Frequent Contributor

It was their latest wireless indoor outdoor wireless camera that they released sometime last fall. I’m not sure but I would assume it’s a V3

Does look like this https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Outdoor-Security-Camera-Vision/dp/B01MQ62IVI or battery powered ones?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Iris Web Portal
Advanced Member

You can get the IP address username and password from Iris before turning off the Iris hub and setup a DHCP reservation for the camera's MAC address so the IP won't change then you can use those cameras with something like Blue Iris if you want.  There is also some information @thegillion put together with help from others I think that shows how to reset the cameras without Iris involved in case that is necessary in the future.

Primary Platform: iOS phone @ latest version
Secondary Platform: Android 6.0 tablet
Frequent Contributor

I have disconnected the hub From the Internet,so I’m guessing that’s why when I click on the web portal that nothing is loading? The only thing that I would have technically still attached to the app, would be the camera I have already unpaired all of my other devices. And since the camera doesn’t pair to the hub I already disconnected it from the Internet