cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my GE Electrical Outlet has lot connection

my GE Electrical Outlet has lot connection

I am not currently at the location of my Iris system, can I rebuild the Z-wave network remotely to try to reconnect it?

4 REPLIES 4
Advanced Member

Re: my GE Electrical Outlet has lot connection

Rebuilding the network usually won't help, usually you need to airgap the switch by pulling the little tab out under the switch and pushing it back in or turn off the circut and back on.  But you could try.

Primary Platform: iOS phone @ latest version
Secondary Platform: Android 6.0 tablet
Advanced Member

@lmcmorrow2020wrote:

I am not currently at the location of my Iris system, can I rebuild the Z-wave network remotely to try to reconnect it?

Terk is probably right, sometimes just turning the switch off and on will do it.  You can build the Z-wave network remotely, but if the device is disconnected that's not really going to help.

Advanced Member

If I'm not mistaken the OP is refering to an outlet and not a switch.  Either way you are not going to be able to reset it remotely.

Advanced Member

Yes I saw that, but most of the outlets have a push button to turn them on and off and I have had some that disconnected and simply cycling the switch brought them back.  To the larger point, however,  everybody agrees you can't do it remotely and rebuilding the z-wave network doesn't help because the device is not connected.