cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CLOSED] Contest: Thanks for Participating in our Community!

Community Manager

[CLOSED] Contest: Thanks for Participating in our Community!

Last January, we launched the Iris community forum to connect users with one another to share tips, ideas, and best practices for creating a smart home. We’ve been blown away by the participation in our community thus far and we look forward to another year of community engagement amongst our users.

To celebrate the first year of our community forum, we’re giving away an Iris smart home bundle to one Iris community user!

This smart home bundle will include:

To enter, share what you love most about your Iris smart home in the comments below. Entries for the smart home bundle will be open through 11:59 pm EST February 16, 2018.

See official terms and conditions for entry.

162 REPLIES
Advanced Member

Re: Contest: Thanks for Participating in our Community!

I really like the Doors & Locks and Lights & Switches cards showing me how many doors are open/unlocked and lights are on.  I wish there was a Windows card too so I could easily see how many Windows are still open before I turn on the AC.

Primary Platform: iOS phone @ latest version
Secondary Platform: Android 6.0 tablet
Tinkerer

Terk,

If you go in to your devices and select that device, then select more, then select settings,  there is an option to call it a door, window, or more. Select door even if it is a window and it will show up in doors & locks.

Highlighted

our system is growing over time.  Lots of lights around the house inside and out.  Cameras and digital lock doors,  Great sense of comfort for me being disabled to use the system to add in my needs.  Plus having voice contol through both google assitant and Alexa help too.

i enjoy walking thru the house at night and never hunting for a light switch. Just go and have the way lighted for you.

I love the fact that I get notifications on my phone and my wife's phone when doors are opened.  This is such a simple feature but it allows us to sleep at night. 

We have a son who is on the spectrum of autism and while he might understand the words "No, don't open the door," he will never understand the reason or rational behind why he cant just go outside whenever he wants.  We live on a hill and cars go too fast.  We have those safety flags out by the road but they don't help, not for every car. 

We have constructed 2 gates from out house to the road; but the thing that allows us to sleep at night is out iris by Lowe's door sensors and service. 

Thank you!

I don't have a lot of IRIS equipment, but what I do have is very convenient– especially the control of the device via the app.  Would love to have more!

As a Veteran Service IT nonprofit, we need to be very careful about data security and theft of computer equipment.  We use multiple Schlage Door, contact spots and cameras to ensure that "bad" people do not have access to our computer equipment  or offices.  

www.techfortroopsproject.org

info@techfortroops.org

804-521-7979

Thank you for IRIS!

I have been happy with my water heater automation!

Rookie

Im using a door sensor in my fridge to keep track on the temp after losing several hundred dollars of food when my fridge went bad at a remote location, I now have confident that if it happens again I will be able to save the food